Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Thread Wars

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Thread Wars

Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post
    I don't think any of it should have been "nuked." People disagree on a ton of stuff. Disagreement actually can lead to enlightenment in some form or another. If not, it is still pretty harmless.

These moderators have destroyed this forum.
    I was fine with no moderation. But if you have guidelines, use them fairly and consistently. You want to delete a post for a racial slur or a cuss word, fine. But not the whole thread. That's really unfair to posters who did follow the rules.

I also had them refuse to delete or modify a post that gave enough information on someone to ID their name with a 2 second, first try, first result google search. It was the only post I've ever reported, save from the days of when advertisers used to post. If its one thing I am ultra picky about it, it's the anonymity of the forums. Everyone knows some chains will monitor and seek out and destroy for comments on boards like these (and if you don't know, they will).

Things aren't consistent and there is no grievance process, are my main two beefs.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Thread Wars

Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post
    I don't think any of it should have been "nuked." People disagree on a ton of stuff. Disagreement actually can lead to enlightenment in some form or another. If not, it is still pretty harmless.

These moderators have destroyed this forum.

It's in line with the military mind set. Group punishment because of a few.