Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thread Wars

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: Thread Wars

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid View Post
    It does seem there is a lot of conversation about moderators and moderation, and it's getting old. If you don't like a restaurant because they changed recipes or management, quit going there. It's funny though that for a military forum, there seem to be more postings not related to military issues, like complaining about the mods, or who got banned, etc. I for one would like to see more discussing issues, not gossip and bologna.
    Why would questions about a change in an environment where everyone is affected be off limits and any other discussion is ok? Who is to say what is gossip and bologna (sic)? The MTF has ALWAYS had non military threads and postings. This ONE subject seems to have a lot of people jazzed (and not just the ones who oppose the moderation and the direction it has taken the MTF). Isn't such a significant event worth discussing?

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First rule about moderated forums is don't talk about the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm okay with the non-military threads, it's just that there seem to be many more of them than threads about the military.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It does seem there is a lot of conversation about moderators and moderation, and it's getting old. If you don't like a restaurant because they changed recipes or management, quit going there. It's funny though that for a military forum, there seem to be more postings not related to military issues, like complaining about the mods, or who got banned, etc. I for one would like to see more discussing issues, not gossip and bologna.
    You need to stay out of this and let us big boys handle things with the moderators. Your way outta your league on this one.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm okay with the non-military threads, it's just that there seem to be many more of them than threads about the military.
    It's because the forum generation (the greatest internet generation) has pretty much retired and are no longer that involved in military topics.

Today's younger generation still on active duty are all about snapchat and Skype...they don't have the attention span to read forum threads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    You need to stay out of this and let us big boys handle things with the moderators. Your way outta your league on this one.
    I hope that was meant to be funny, because it was. "Big Boys"...LOL.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I see the hook about to be set.......................

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post
    I hope that was meant to be funny, because it was. "Big Boys"...LOL.
    Not really. We had some idiots on this board just like we have them in the military. It was nice to have different people on these forums. Take PYB for instance. I was not a big fan and he tried to bait me constantly, but he was different. The guy drove a freakin armored car to work everyday....A FREAKIN ARMORED CAR! That in itself deserves him a place in this forum. His insights were fascinating at times....warped...but fascinating. That's why I liked the military as much as I did...people from all walks with very differing views and temperaments.

Now we got people getting banned left and right because they don't fit the mold of what the moderators are looking for. Just read some of these recent threads. I'm bored to freakin tears. Then you got Kool-Aid coming in here saying it's a good thing and we need to stick to military issues and all the rest is garbage. That garbage is how people are really thinking out in the military...only here they were able to say it out loud. It may sound like garbage but a lot of it was honest thinking on some people's part and it was nice to go to work knowing what people are probably really thinking despite them nodding their heads "yes" at you for an entire day, even if it is totally warped thinking. Some of it was sick...but temporary bans would have fixed that.

I know you guys think I am probably full of crap but a lot of what was said in these forums prepared me for work everyday. Before I retired I dealt with many personalities much the same as what I've run into here. There is no reason to hide them by banning them...they are still out there in the real military and everybody needs to learn to deal with them and try to all get on the same team. It was always a work in progress but the old forum actually helped that. Even the lurkers benefitted...and I know many. I feel like I'm watching AFN commercials whenever I come here now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I didn't get what you got from kool-aid's post. I just thought he was commenting on the nonmilitary/military topic ratio. He did clarify after that he didn't mind the non-mil stuff.

The moderators stuff, I don't really care whether they are here or not, doesn't affect me one way or the other, it won't stop me from posting what I want to post or talk about what I want to talk about. From where I sit the people that have the most problem with them are the ones that can't manage to be marginally civil. I know, things have changed, we can't go around calling other posters "ass hats" and other vulgar insults. Is it really that hard to make a point without swearing and insults? <shrug> And to be honest, I'm with kool-aid on this... the mods aren't going anywhere, there no point in endless bitching about it. Every other board I post on is moderated, all of them way more strictly than this one. That's just how internet forums are, it seems to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post
    I didn't get what you got from kool-aid's post. I just thought he was commenting on the nonmilitary/military topic ratio. He did clarify after that he didn't mind the non-mil stuff.

The moderators stuff, I don't really care whether they are here or not, doesn't affect me one way or the other, it won't stop me from posting what I want to post or talk about what I want to talk about. From where I sit the people that have the most problem with them are the ones that can't manage to be marginally civil. I know, things have changed, we can't go around calling other posters "ass hats" and other vulgar insults. Is it really that hard to make a point without swearing and insults? <shrug> And to be honest, I'm with kool-aid on this... the mods aren't going anywhere, there no point in endless bitching about it. Every other board I post on is moderated, all of them way more strictly than this one. That's just how internet forums are, it seems to me.
    Whatever I say you won't agree with. They (moderators) have got inside your head and we've lost you now too. I was called an asshat here many times...it was kinda refreshing. It was nice to act like an asshat and be called out for it. I couldn't act like an asshat at work...even though many times I was thinking like one. Which is kinda the point I'm trying to make here.