Thread: Failed to deliver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Failed to deliver

So, I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but it seems the Marine Times has failed to put new issues on the shelf in certain exchanges since the "Fight and win in the barracks" issue. What gives? Is this by design or is there someone pulling the strings on this?
    If I stay in this beloved Corps I vow to try my hardest to put a kink in the careerism and duechebaggary that plagues the ranks in an attempt to prevent the downfall of a lethal, vigorous and purportedly adaptive force.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Failed to deliver

Devil Dog - can you provide some background on the Fight and Win in the Barracks" issue?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

If the issues didn't make on the shelf it is probably the particular exchange vice Marine Corps Times.

Maybe it sold out already?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Backround info on fight and win: The CMC made the best powerpoint in the world (made someone else make it more likely) which cover things like only NCO stand duty, a rover on every deck, and cameras to tie it all together.

Probably, I just noticed it still sitting out the earlier today.

Edit: There have been reports of some commanders shlobbing on the knob and beginning to implement some of these "ideas". Excellent ideas assholes, instead of training Marines lets just put all the NCO's on duty and all their Marines walking around like idiots.
    If I stay in this beloved Corps I vow to try my hardest to put a kink in the careerism and duechebaggary that plagues the ranks in an attempt to prevent the downfall of a lethal, vigorous and purportedly adaptive force.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Assaultdog0351 View Post
    So, I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but it seems the Marine Times has failed to put new issues on the shelf in certain exchanges since the "Fight and win in the barracks" issue. What gives? Is this by design or is there someone pulling the strings on this?
    Design. I'm in Okinawa, and we haven't seen an issue since the one you are referring to. I have this distinct feeling in my gut that it's related to the fact there's an article in one of the newer issues since the 7 October 2013 issue which talks about 27 Former Officers and Lawyers pushing for a Congressional Investigation into the Commandant. Keep the masses in check so that no one ridicules the motivational video played during the Marine Corps Ball. That's why I subscribed to the online version. Stay Semper Gumby.
    [B]SSgt Mike / USMC[/B]

"Your mission in life, should you choose to accept it or not, in which this case you don't have a choice..." -SSgt Mike.

"Don't give fools a foolish answer, or you will be just like them. But answer fools as they should be answered, or they will think they are really wise." Proverbs 26:4-5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm going to guess you didn't hear about the 29 Year Sergeant Major who got throw under the bus, either, did you?
    [B]SSgt Mike / USMC[/B]

"Your mission in life, should you choose to accept it or not, in which this case you don't have a choice..." -SSgt Mike.

"Don't give fools a foolish answer, or you will be just like them. But answer fools as they should be answered, or they will think they are really wise." Proverbs 26:4-5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[B]SSgt Mike / USMC[/B]