Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Awe poor diddums. School gets beat 91-0 and parent says its bullying!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,325
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Awe poor diddums. School gets beat 91-0 and parent says its bullying!

    Well it was expected to happen when the parents who were kids during the "everyone gets an award, no one loses" generation has their own kids now in school.

    http://news.yahoo.com/kid-high-schoo...063403473.html

    http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/10/...too-much-85754

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    759
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Awe poor diddums. School gets beat 91-0 and parent says its bullying!

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Well it was expected to happen when the parents who were kids during the "everyone gets an award, no one loses" generation has their own kids now in school.

    http://news.yahoo.com/kid-high-schoo...063403473.html

    http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/10/...too-much-85754
    1. Is HS football.

    2. If you don't want to lose that way, field a better team.

    3. If you don't like the way you are losing, tell the coach to forfeit the game after a 40pt margin.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

  3. #3
    Senior Member efmbman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,042
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Awe poor diddums. School gets beat 91-0 and parent says its bullying!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    1. Is HS football.

    2. If you don't want to lose that way, field a better team.

    3. If you don't like the way you are losing, tell the coach to forfeit the game after a 40pt margin.
    These lessons can be applied in many other situations. Interesting...

    On the whole I agree. It is always the responsibility of the defense to prevent the opposing offense from scoring. Valuable lessons all around.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Right about.....HERE
    Posts
    1,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Awe poor diddums. School gets beat 91-0 and parent says its bullying!

    I'm sorry but don't they have a mercy rule? Nevermind...it is TX... What did they expect? They were winless, the other team was undefeated (closest game was 56-14)... It was the last team of the season so the coach let all the scrubs that hadn't scored yet in the season get a TD....
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

    --Barak Obama


    You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

    Lord of the Pings

  5. #5
    Senior Member ttribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Awe poor diddums. School gets beat 91-0 and parent says its bullying!

    I watched my HS team lose 60 something to 0 in a Missouri state championship game years ago. It was a full on butt whipping. They didn't have a mercy rule, but they let the clock run with no stoppage in the 4th Q. I think that is about all the officials can do.

    Several years later our boys got back to the championship and won. I guess all of the good kids on the other team graduated and diminished that schools talent.

  6. #6
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Awe poor diddums. School gets beat 91-0 and parent says its bullying!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    I'm sorry but don't they have a mercy rule? Nevermind...it is TX... What did they expect? They were winless, the other team was undefeated (closest game was 56-14)... It was the last team of the season so the coach let all the scrubs that hadn't scored yet in the season get a TD....
    Seriously? A mercy rule in football? LOL...This same thing happens in College. Can you imagine if Arkansas bitched that Alabama was a bunch of bullies after last week. Or any team who's played Baylor or Oregon this year? It's laughable.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Kicker47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    O.K.
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Awe poor diddums. School gets beat 91-0 and parent says its bullying!

    I felt sorry for the winning coach...he said he was trying to do everything possible to not run the score up, playing his second and third stringers, running the ball instead of passing, etc. I mean, you can't just punt on 1st down or take a knee every play...what else can you do? I think he handled it the right way.

    On a side note: Why is this even in the news?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dayon, Ohio
    Posts
    1,244
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Awe poor diddums. School gets beat 91-0 and parent says its bullying!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kicker47 View Post
    I felt sorry for the winning coach...he said he was trying to do everything possible to not run the score up, playing his second and third stringers, running the ball instead of passing, etc. I mean, you can't just punt on 1st down or take a knee every play...what else can you do? I think he handled it the right way.

    On a side note: Why is this even in the news?
    I don't really blame the coach I would blame the athletic director. Typically when you are creating your schedule you should evaluate how your team matches up against the other team. This prevents you from being on either end of a game like this. The team that scored 91 scheduling this team is like Mike Tyson signing up for a fight against Muhammed Ali except its not in his prime Muhammed Ali it is the current Muhammed Ali who has Parkinsons.

    Not this one....

    Attachment 3551

    This one.....

    Attachment 3552

  9. #9
    Senior Member Stalwart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,055
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Awe poor diddums. School gets beat 91-0 and parent says its bullying!

    The (losing team) could have forfiet at some point.

    Unless the winning team was going to act like you see teams do in those inspirational YouTube videos when a team puts in a special needs child, there wasn't much left for the winning team to do to slow down.

    Losing builds character too, and the coaches and parents of the losing team could use this as a way to teach a lesson to thier kids about maintaining dignity, giving it your all in the face of overwhelming odds or in a no-win situation. It looks like a small group actually think this was 'bullying', but who knows.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dayon, Ohio
    Posts
    1,244
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Awe poor diddums. School gets beat 91-0 and parent says its bullying!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stalwart View Post
    The (losing team) could have forfiet at some point.

    Unless the winning team was going to act like you see teams do in those inspirational YouTube videos when a team puts in a special needs child, there wasn't much left for the winning team to do to slow down.

    Losing builds character too, and the coaches and parents of the losing team could use this as a way to teach a lesson to thier kids about maintaining dignity, giving it your all in the face of overwhelming odds or in a no-win situation. It looks like a small group actually think this was 'bullying', but who knows.
    They could use it as a teaching experience. Or they could be like Larry Fitzgerald's dad who transferred him to a different school after a 75-6 defeat.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...als-have-quit/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •