Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AFI36-2905 21 OCTOBER 2013

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: AFI36-2905 21 OCTOBER 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Actually if you read it, it seems like the intent is for them to not have to shave and get a haircut just to test and the uniform seems like an afterthough to prevent them from looking like idiots with a beard and braids testing in PT gear.
    Makes sense...

When living in a military community, if I go to a bar/club, I always look for the guy who doesn't look like he's in the military. He's the OSI guy. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It as alternative for people who can't run. The walk test is not a simple walk. It is a person power walking as fast as they can. I have never taken the walk test but I have walked with individuals who were taking it. I never agreed with the heart rate portion because it is not done for the 1.5 mile run. As long as a person crosses the finish line in the time required, they are good. People tend to be nervous when they take their PT test. If your nervous, chances are your heart rate is going to go up as well. So again, I think it is great if the heart rate portion was removed from the walk test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    It as alternative for people who can't run. The walk test is not a simple walk. It is a person power walking as fast as they can. I have never taken the walk test but I have walked with individuals who were taking it. I never agreed with the heart rate portion because it is not done for the 1.5 mile run. As long as a person crosses the finish line in the time required, they are good. People tend to be nervous when they take their PT test. If your nervous, chances are your heart rate is going to go up as well. So again, I think it is great if the heart rate portion was removed from the walk test.
    Unfit people tend to be nervous when taking their PT Test...how the hell is a fit person going to be nervous about walking 1 mile?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StandardsAMust View Post
    Unfit people tend to be nervous when taking their PT Test...how the hell is a fit person going to be nervous about walking 1 mile?
    So untrue...that's like saying the only people who are nervous when WAPS testing are those who didn't study. Just untrue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Absolutely true. People that value their career also tend to be nervous when taking their PT test...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    I can't really tell. I found several articles on the internet saying more than 50% of NFL players are Obese according to BMI. What I couldn't find though was anywhere that lists waist measurements for NFL players. I still think his waist is more than 39" based on the fact that he is 6'1 240. It would be tough for his body to support that weight if he doesn't have a "wide body" With that being said I do not think anyone struggling with PT in the Air Force is an NFL caliber athlete. Your original point still stands that this person may not exist in the AF (though they most definitly exist somewhere).
    Not to dispute your theory, but I was 240lbs last year before I deployed and my waist was 36", and that was after being taped by 3 different PTLs over the course of 3 different "mock" PT tests prior to my departure.

Also, I'm just barely 6'2". Sorry, I should have included that.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I did the walk test once. Prior to testing I walked 3-5 miles a day as fast as I could. I was knocking out 3 miles in 43 minutes. I finished my mile walk in 11:22. However, my heart rate skyrocketed. It was high before I ever took the test and looking back I should have not taken the test.

I can max out situps at the drop of a hat....still get nervous.

But I tested friday and scored an 88.3...so I am good for six months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Insert clever quote here...