Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: abandoning your built in fan base in search of wider target audience alway fails

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: abandoning your built in fan base in search of wider target audience alway fails

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I think they are former users except for forum admin. One is probably Crusty, another might be Shaken, I thought Kelly might have been another. The only one who was a little creepy is that Rasta guy and I think one of the other mods might have moderated him because he chilled out.

I never really had an issue with them until that one with the confusing Norse folk lore name started complaining about me posting Catherine Bell pictures. Catherine Bell is relevant to any discussion in here because she played a JAG lawyer on TV; plus, she is super hot.

Someone needs to drink a bottle of Milk of Magnesia because they are uptight. It isn't me who needs to drink it and it certainly isn't Catherine Bell.

@Mjolnir

Don't start complaining about me complaining about you. Just go drink your medicine.
    That "Rasta Guy" ... For some reason I found that description outstandingly funny.

Each mod has its own personality, we respect each other's contribution and no one has told him to "chill". Rasta Guy did made us aware that he was going to be out for a while though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: abandoning your built in fan base in search of wider target audience alway fails

yeah ... he is about as far from a Rasta-farian as you could get.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I have a suggestion, anyone who was upset by the rep wars should remove their tampon for at least 15 min a day and pretend to be a man
    LOL. The rep wars didn't upset me. They didn't affect me one way or the other. On the other hand, your constant bitching is irritating... "I got a crappy EPR, WAAAA"..."I was a complete idiot online and my chain found out, WAAA!"...."The forums are boring, WAAA"...talk about needing to pull out the tampon and act like a man.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I missed the EPR thread...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    I didn't specify a timeframe in my post. I'm well aware of when it started and the timeline. I've been unhappy with the direction the forums have taken since that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    First, why, and why now?
    "now" implies a contemporaneous event...not a past event...just so you know.

oh and WerriamWebster: contemporaneous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I missed the EPR thread...
    That's because it was only up for a couple hours and then was deleted. Presumably by the moderators, since users can't, and at his request.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post
    "now" implies a contemporaneous event...not a past event...just so you know.

oh and WerriamWebster: contemporaneous
    Thanks for the completely unasked for and pointless tip,
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The forum is over-moderated and too spread out. There's not enough daily activity to warrant the amount of sections. Too many sections with too little activity hinders threads from growing and puts an unneccessary importance on topics falling in the correct forum. Moderate what needs to be moderated, but don't worry about policing what topics people talk about and where--if its vulgar or illegal, kill it; if it is personal attacks, address it; otherwise, let it go. It kills the vibe and turns a moderately active forum into dozens of inactive mini-sections.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponsTSGT View Post
    This is just a guess.....but I'd be willing to bet that you can't brief the rapeyness out of a person.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

One of my big pet peeves about other forums is when there is a gigantic warning about asking a question that has already been addressed will lead to a perma ban.... then when you start looking at the forum, you notice it spans several years and has 100's of threads all you can think of is WTF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RS6405 View Post
    One of my big pet peeves about other forums is when there is a gigantic warning about asking a question that has already been addressed will lead to a perma ban.... then when you start looking at the forum, you notice it spans several years and has 100's of threads all you can think of is WTF?
    MTF is actually pretty liberal in allowing open discussion of how the Forum is moderated and administered. I think I have told a few people, I do moderation for three sites, it is really a questions of "what are the Guidelines?"

Suggestions or comments are welcome, but keep it civil, put it in the appropriate forum or sub-forum and we will have a discussion. Also, the moderators get PMs from a silent crowd who thank us for what we do. So a dissenting opinion isn't the only one out there.

“…you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.
    A. Lincoln
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.