Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Bowls and Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Super Bowls and Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    ...Records will get you into the hall, even without the ring...
    Very true... and I think that is kinda what @giggawatt was saying in the OP. Any QB without rings would have to have records, not just impressive stats.

Warren Moon collected some hardware up in Canada (Grey Cup x 5) prior to moving to the NFL.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jim Kelly - HOF class of 2002. Four strait Superbowls; Four Losses. A little over 45,000 yds passing (NFL/USFL) combined, four pro-bowls, 101-59 W-L record.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Do you guys think that Big Ben and Little Manning will be HOFers because of their multiple rings?
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giggawatt View Post
    Do you guys think that Big Ben and Little Manning will be HOFers because of their multiple rings?
    Little Manning will be. He plays in NY and his last name is Manning. Unless the rest of his career is like this year, he's in. Big Ben is a different story. He's got the ring, but his stats aren't as impressive as others, and he plays in Pittsburgh. I think he'll need another ring.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Agree he'll probably get in on his name and his 2 rings came as a result of defeating a true HOFer, Tom Brady.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Pretty much agree with what @sandsjames posted.

Agree he'll probably get in on his name and his 2 rings came as a result of defeating a true HOFer, Tom Brady TWICE.
    Fixed that for ya!
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    Fixed that for ya!
    One doesn't usually get two rings for winning one SB....adding twice is a bit redundant don't you think?

Rings aren't the end-all be-all but they sure don't hurt. For a borderline HOF'er they will tip the scales. With free-agency the way it is, a QB can go to another team-some to several-to get a better shot at a ring. Hell look at what Eli did when he came in the league? He was already pretending he was the best QB ever born....
    Attachment 3509
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings