Thread: John Donald Cody

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

John Donald Cody

Former Intel Officer scammed $100M with his fake "United States Navy Veteran's Association" and now apparently claims the scam was part of a CIA operation....
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: John Donald Cody

"CLEVELAND, Ohio — The man who once schmoozed with Washington's political elite on behalf of his bogus veterans charity was arrested late Monday night in Portland, Ore., by U.S. marshals from northern Ohio.

He had collected millions of dollars that authorities said he fleeced from donors to the U.S. Navy Veterans Association, and he was photographed at gatherings with the likes of Sen. John McCain, Ohio's Rep. John Boehner and former President George W. Bush."

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...ing_bogus.html

Mike DeWine is a bulldog. Must of been a high school wrestler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    "CLEVELAND, Ohio — The man who once schmoozed with Washington's political elite on behalf of his bogus veterans charity was arrested late Monday night in Portland, Ore., by U.S. marshals from northern Ohio."

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...ing_bogus.html

Mike DeWine is a bulldog. Must of been a high school wrestler.
    I am curious why Ohio had to do all the legwork...the Feds just sat back while he ran his scam in 41 states (apparently he avoided those that had fairly strict regulation of charities).
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Former Intel Officer scammed $100M with his fake "United States Navy Veteran's Association" and now apparently claims the scam was part of a CIA operation....
    Interesting to claim it is related to a CIA Operation, considering how many Executive Branch Departments seem to be scandal-ridden of late, it doesn't even seem as far-fetched...
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    I am curious why Ohio had to do all the legwork...the Feds just sat back while he ran his scam in 41 states (apparently he avoided those that had fairly strict regulation of charities).
    Although this was all over local broadcast TV, I think it's due to Ohio's AG assembling iron clad evidence.