Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hockey Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The Hockey Thread

The NHL season is upon us. The greatest game in the world. The coolest game on Earth. Probably the best sport to watch live.

Who's your team? I'm a Boston Bruins fan. I think they have a great shot at another run for the cup. Their core players are still with the team. They made some decent off season moves and they have a talented young defense. Tuukka Rask is approaching the top of his game.

It should be an interesting season with the conference and division realignment. I'm thinking Boston and Detroit will finish at the top of the Atlantic Division.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Hockey Thread

Coyotes!

At least we have an owner now. I have zero hope for anything happening this year, but the new boss has said that he plans on increasing player salary money, so there could be a future. They did extend Tippet for another 5 years, so that's something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Long-time Rangers fan here.

Looking for a good run this year out of the boys...new coach, new system, full year of Nash, good signings in Pouliot and D. Moore, Staal back at 100%, Defense more experienced/mature, and with Hagelin and Callahan out for the start of the year, time for Miller and Krieder to step up. Going to be a fun year!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It seems like all my friends, besides hometown friends, are either Rangers or Red Wings fans. I did expect NYR to be a lot better last year.
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Buffalo Sabres of course.
    They came to Landstuhl a couple years ago during pre-season and visited the USO. Our hockey team was there doing a dinner for the wounded troops and we got to meet them. I got a couple pictures with Ryan Miller.
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Boooooo Chicago. yes, mad.
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Minnesota North Stars....no wait...fuck the NHL....
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Blue jackets
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Bruins looking good early!
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I'm a Canucks fan. I watched a little hockey when I was a kid, because it wasn't really televised, so I was kind of a Kings fan by default (that's who they showed when I saw a game). I really got into it once I got married (wife and step son from Vancouver) and am now a Canucks fan.