Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FAC under investigation

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Re: FAC under investigation

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I am a victim...a victim of the advertisers. They made me eat burgers, drink sodas, etc. Plus, technology has become so good that I really don't have a reason to get off the couch...that's it...I'm a victim of technology. I blame science for my laziness.
    Poor guy...

I'll send you a case of pop tarts to comfort you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StandardsAMust View Post
    The Air Force needs the Gulick tape measurement to be the standard measuring device...it has a spring tensioner to prevent this waist measurement inconsistency nightmare.
    Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TREYSLEDGE View Post
    Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner!
    The only problem is that, even with the tensioner, the tester still needs to measure the correct location. It seems every time I tested the tape was in a different location.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    The only problem is that, even with the tensioner, the tester still needs to measure the correct location. It seems every time I tested the tape was in a different location.
    I've measured hundreds of folks...never had an issue finding that "iliac" crest in skinny people. It's the overweight, out of shape, people that are hard to measure because they have too much fat around them to even find the bone...when you have to poke around to the point of trying to find a bone, then something is wrong with that picture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've measured hundreds of folks...never had an issue finding that "iliac" crest in skinny people. It's the overweight, out of shape, people that are hard to measure because they have too much fat around them to even find the bone...when you have to poke around to the point of trying to find a bone, then something is wrong with that picture.
    Yeah, it means we have testers guessing on things that impact people's careers. If the AF is going to hold people to a standard, then they need to have a means of measuring people that is "standard" and accurate.

Considering I've been taped 3 days in a row (by 3 different people) before due to weather cancellations, with different measurements each time (varying from 35" to 37") the only set standard is on paper, not in practice.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

And that's the problem. The "skinny" people aren't the issue. The others, who can have 1" make a difference, are difficult. I'm glad you at least admit that there are several people who you may have measured wrong. Hopefully, when they do the review, more FACs will be as honest.