Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FAC under investigation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: FAC under investigation

Quote Originally Posted by StandardsAMust View Post
    So what's the difference when an untrained partner counts push-ups and sit-ups? This whole program stinks.
    Really there isn't a difference. But the guy was saved by a technicality that shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. It didn't really matter because he went on to fail his next 3 tests in a 270 day period and was discharged under the DOS rollback in 2011 (which actually turned out to be a really good benefit to him).
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jshiver15 View Post
    Really there isn't a difference. But the guy was saved by a technicality that shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. It didn't really matter because he went on to fail his next 3 tests in a 270 day period and was discharged under the DOS rollback in 2011 (which actually turned out to be a really good benefit to him).
    That's the way many folks have went...instead of fitness discharges, which are a pain in the ass, the DOS rollback made it simple. Sadly, most get benefits, but at least they are not serving anymore. The ones separated under DOS do not count against the number CSAF mentioned in his email.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That's the way many folks have went...instead of fitness discharges, which are a pain in the ass, the DOS rollback made it simple. Sadly, most get benefits, but at least they are not serving anymore. The ones separated under DOS do not count against the number CSAF mentioned in his email.
    Why sadly? Wait, don't answer, I already know why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Simply put: The waist measurement is BS. Always has been, inconsistencies, etc. I've been taped 37" at 205 and 36" at 175. I gave up trying to figure out what the measurement will be before the test.

Only the military will pay civilians more to do the same job can careless about their appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    Rules for the sake of rules makes for mindless policy and engenders a lack of respect for those who enact and enforce them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fufu View Post
    Simply put: The waist measurement is BS. Always has been, inconsistencies, etc. I've been taped 37" at 205 and 36" at 175. I gave up trying to figure out what the measurement will be before the test.

Only the military will pay civilians more to do the same job can careless about their appearance.
    What's BS is the ones that are clearly over the 39" standard that come back with a generous 39" or less taping.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What's BS is the ones that are clearly over the 39" standard that come back with a generous 39" or less taping.
    What are you, the terminator? Do you have a automatic waist-measuring app loaded into your brain? Sometimes things aren't as you perceive. I think I could *guess* what constitutes a 39+ waist, but would never be so arrogant as to draw conclusions without data. Clearly.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    Why sadly? Wait, don't answer, I already know why.
    Something along the lines that if you can't run fast or are fat, you don't deserve shit. You should be dishonorably discharged...maybe even go to CM. Come on, Cap...get with the times.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Something along the lines that if you can't run fast or are fat, you don't deserve shit. You should be dishonorably discharged...maybe even go to CM. Come on, Cap...get with the times.
    It isn't ok to be fat but you aren't a victim if you are fat.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I am a victim...a victim of the advertisers. They made me eat burgers, drink sodas, etc. Plus, technology has become so good that I really don't have a reason to get off the couch...that's it...I'm a victim of technology. I blame science for my laziness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Said the skinny guy

I said it before and I'll say it again: If the AF wants a weight and appearance standard, they should implement one. Whether or not I have love handles or I "look too fat" has virtually nothing to do with my fitness level. What it should be called in the Air Force Weight Test and Fitness Program. The AFWTFP...probably not though, cuz it would take 3 seconds for "the troops" to start calling it the Air Force What The F**k Program.