Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FAC under investigation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: FAC under investigation

Quote Originally Posted by 20+Years View Post
    There is no consistency to the taping. I have had the tape pulled tight, snugly, or barely touching the skin. Each of these methods will give different results. And each style is interpreted by the taper of the correct method. Its odd when my taping history reads 34-34-34-36-34. Nothing was different on that 36 except for the method the taper used...aka, barely lay it against the skin
    The Air Force needs the Gulick tape measurement to be the standard measuring device...it has a spring tensioner to prevent this waist measurement inconsistency nightmare.

What base is this anyway? PM me if you don't want to post it here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StandardsAMust View Post
    The Air Force needs the Gulick tape measurement to be the standard measuring device...it has a spring tensioner to prevent this waist measurement inconsistency nightmare.

What base is this anyway? PM me if you don't want to post it here.
    As I recall, that's what they used when this whole thing started, at least at my base. I know I was trained on how to use it. I believe it fell victim to budget cuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you folks get taped if you have a 1st class PFT (or is your score not broken into categories, just pass/fail)? even though the Marines are sctrict on PT and PFT's, at least if you score a 1st class it didn't matter if you had a beer gut.
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The "off" taping was in Incirlik.
    Advice from JD2780:

"don't post angry"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In my unit we had a SSgt who was looking at a discharge board and before the separation package went past the wing level, they called into question the PTL who had administered 2 of the failing tests. It turns out there were a handful of complaints about the female PTL not taping correctly and whatnot, so the separation package got suspended before it went to a board and the two tests were thrown out. The shit of it is . . the guy taped at 44" both times. It didn't matter if she did it one handed and with a blindfold on, the dude's waist was huge.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jshiver15 View Post
    In my unit we had a SSgt who was looking at a discharge board and before the separation package went past the wing level, they called into question the PTL who had administered 2 of the failing tests. It turns out there were a handful of complaints about the female PTL not taping correctly and whatnot, so the separation package got suspended before it went to a board and the two tests were thrown out. The shit of it is . . the guy taped at 44" both times. It didn't matter if she did it one handed and with a blindfold on, the dude's waist was huge.
    So what's the difference when an untrained partner counts push-ups and sit-ups? This whole program stinks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post
    Do you folks get taped if you have a 1st class PFT (or is your score not broken into categories, just pass/fail)? even though the Marines are sctrict on PT and PFT's, at least if you score a 1st class it didn't matter if you had a beer gut.
    That would be nice, but no. Taping occurs no matter what your score is. You can ace all other components but bust the max waist and it's an auto fail.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 20+Years View Post
    The "off" taping was in Incirlik.
    The off taping is everywhere. I've been the same weight for some time yet my tape has been different nearly test, varying as much as 2".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    F the FAC
    You should sell t-shirts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    You should sell t-shirts
    I'll take one. Do they only come in XXXL??:victorious:
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources