Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Updated guidance finally released

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Updated guidance finally released

Quote Originally Posted by StandardsAMust View Post
    The Air Force misses the 1 Oct 13 date for the new PT standards to take place...wow...imagine that. The new standards are delayed until the fitness AFI can be updated.
    What world do you live in man? Do you think with all the shut-down stuff giong on that anyone besides you gives a shit about the new PT guidance? I think the folks on staff, etc. have much bigger things to worry about right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker View Post
    What world do you live in man? Do you think with all the shut-down stuff giong on that anyone besides you gives a shit about the new PT guidance? I think the folks on staff, etc. have much bigger things to worry about right now.
    The government shutdown has nothing to do with the delay of PT guidance...that should have hit the street weeks ago. When the CSAF sends a message to everyone in the AF saying these changes take place on 1 Oct 13, then nothing happens, he begins to lose some credibility. But those of us on the inside knew it would be missed...it was too much change in a short period of time. The fitness program needs at least 6 months before anything can be changed and then work properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The government shutdown has nothing to do with the delay of PT guidance...that should have hit the street weeks ago. When the CSAF sends a message to everyone in the AF saying these changes take place on 1 Oct 13, then nothing happens, he begins to lose some credibility. But those of us on the inside knew it would be missed...it was too much change in a short period of time. The fitness program needs at least 6 months before anything can be changed and then work properly.
    You think their focus didn't change at least a week ago when this whole thing started to look like it might happen? Guess what man, there's WAY more important things out there than PT. As much as I hate how slow they've been to make changes, and how a lot of the changes are worse than what we already had, even I have to give them a "pass" on not meeting their self-imposed deadline of 1 Oct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd rather have a budget. I won't hold my breath though. I'd settle for another year of continuing resolution.
    Advice from JD2780:

"don't post angry"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AF Times
    Tingley was unable to say the reason for the delay, but another Air Force official who asked not to be identified said the civilians whose job is to publish the instruction have been furloughed due to the government shutdown.
    http://www.airforcetimes.com/article...ness-standards

Text to make this post long enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Then why are you so upset/disappointed if you knew the deadline would be missed? You should email General Welsh with your concerns about him busting his suspense if it means that much to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UncommonSense View Post
    Then why are you so upset/disappointed if you knew the deadline would be missed? You should email General Welsh with your concerns about him busting his suspense if it means that much to you.
    Hell, just do one of those classic "reply all" to the entire global adress list and let the fun begin. There were a couple of doozies back in the day. I don't think that's even possible any more though.