Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Church Members Mistreat Homeless Man in Church Unaware It Is Their Pastor in Disguise

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Re: Church Members Mistreat Homeless Man in Church Unaware It Is Their Pastor in Disg

Where the hell is the original story?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Church Members Mistreat Homeless Man in Church Unaware It Is Their Pastor in Disg

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Check the link to Snopes...it is there...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So 3 out of 7-10,000 christians aren't hypocrites, and are actually decent people? That sounds about right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatbringer View Post
    So 3 out of 7-10,000 christians aren't hypocrites, and are actually decent people? That sounds about right.
    And you got this from..................?
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I read the article..........................................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I read the article..........................................
    So you take an article that has not been authenticated as anything but urban legend to condemn christians (who also happen to believe what you consider to be an urban legend)?

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well, I based my post from the article and history. The bible has never been authenticated and is nothing but urban legend too. But seriously, what do you care? Stop being butthurt because you know I'm right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Looks like the story is a hoax.

A very heartwarming, poignant and apparently fake story has been making the rounds on social media and religious blogs this week.

The anecdote, which has been shared more tens of thousands on Facebook, features a preacher identified as Pastor Jeremiah Steepek, an individual pictured as a haggard, homeless man with a straggly beard.
    And later in the article...

Perhaps more tellingly, Snopes, as well as Hoax-Slayer.com, revealed the stirring image of Steepek was in fact a picture of an English homeless man taken by photographer Brad Gerrard and readily available on Flikr and Tumblr.
    Link to article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3654742.html

I blame JoeB...
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it makes you feel better, I don't look homeless and generally have no one but church staff greet me at new churches. I don't hold it against anyone though, none of us is perfect and most will admit it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I don't look homeless and generally have no one but church staff greet me at new churches. I don't hold it against anyone though, none of us is perfect and most will admit it.
    Adding to that, some people are just shy. I wouldn't exactly call it sinful for a person to be a bit introverted.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison