Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting factoid about your family...

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting factoid about your family...

My oldest two kids share a birthday...one year apart. Both are allergic to milk, both are in the gifted program at school, both wore glasses and now contacts, they are the exact same height and weight, both are extremely competitive but not with each other, both love to read, and both get carsick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Interesting factoid about your family...

Every other generation has a genetic defect in the right thumb making it a stubby.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have a squirrel in my back yard that throws his detritus (acorn shells) onto the ground. I saw him throwing the shells one day; he saw me watching him, and I swear that he gave me the finger before he ran away.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

My Mom was 18 and my Dad was 17 when they got married. My dad's dad was a minister and didn't want them to get married, so my mom got pregnant. At that point, my dad's dad said they HAD to get married. They've now been married 46 years.

Note: It took us several years to realize that there was only 6 months between my parents' anniversary and my sister's birthday.

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    My Mom was 18 and my Dad was 17 when they got married. My dad's dad was a minister and didn't want them to get married, so my mom got pregnant. At that point, my dad's dad said they HAD to get married. They've now been married 46 years.

Note: It took us several years to realize that there was only 6 months between my parents' anniversary and my sister's birthday.
    Wow. 46 years? That is awesome. Congrats to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My father is turning 70 this year while my mom turned 55 this year. Talk about a age difference.

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    My father is turning 70 this year while my mom turned 55 this year. Talk about a age difference.
    I have some good friends with a 15 year age difference. He is 47 and she is 32. They just had their third kid last week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My grandfather was in the Marines and in France/Belgium/Germany durin WWI. He was gassed, wounded, and a POW for about four months. When he came back he was declared as "Shell Shocked' as they called it back then and was placed under guardianship of my great-grandfather for five years after the war. He finally was declared "normal" and released from guardianship. Anyway, his commanding general in Europe that had put him into the situations that he endured was Marine Major General John LeJeune (yes, the same guy Camp LeJeune is named after). My grandfather still respected General LeJeune so much he named his first son (my father) after the General - John LeJeune. I'm a Jr (with the same name) and my son is a III (with the same name).
    A TRANSPORTER - NOTHING HAPPENS UNTIL SOMETHING MOVES!!

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Hmmm Tak Welsh Jr, Tak Schwartz Jr, Tak McPeak Jr...
    Nah, not working...
    Nope not here either. Welsh Cross...not working. All of the kids have family names. Oldest is after her grandmother, middle boy is after an uncle and his dad, and youngest is after an aunt and a family middle name. All also have names from the Bible. None of their names can be shortened. Only one we really debated was the boy. I really wanted Luke. Oh well. Not gonna be a number 4 so no Luke.