Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Squadron Fitness Policy takes effect 1 Oct 13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New Squadron Fitness Policy takes effect 1 Oct 13

Quote Originally Posted by StandardsAMust View Post
    Names were released to the flight chiefs...they make the notifications and re-work their scheduling if needed. Looks like there will be two times a day for Sq PT...0700-0800 and 1600-1700.
    Oh...that sounds about right...
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CLSE View Post
    Gonna guess that the answer is no, he didn't run it by legal.

More likely he figured he's the commander and knows that he can get away with anything that makes him look like a hardass when it comes to PT.

As far as the policy being legit, is he a doctor or an exercise physiologist or does he even know why his people are scoring less than an 80? If he actually knew what the hell he was doing, he wouldn't be establishing a blanket mandatory PT policy that requires everybody to attend the same training.

This is the same concept that many people have complained about here and that you and a lot of other people in the Air Force can't seem to comprehend:

Doing the wrong type of exercise is bad and doing it to excess is even worse
    Who cares? The commander and "leadership" surely does not care. What they do care about is the "gung-ho" high-speed PTL who is kicking asses and taking names. Screw everyone's tendons, ligaments, and muscles - they'll break their people so long as the slide for the squadron at the Wing meeting is "Green" or in the nth-percentile.

"Motivat'd NCO! Sqdn PT trainer/assessor; led 63 qrtly sessions/execut'd CC vsn--+300 prsnl cmbt rdy/Wg #1!"

.....Promote!

:sleeping:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought all squadron level OIs had to go through legal. If they didn't...I'd suggest pushing it through. If it did, I'd suggest rerouting it through for a sanity check. Not saying it isn't legal - it very well could be. Let the legal "experts" make that decision. It does sound like a witch hunt. Profiles and exemptions having to go to FIP? I'd be in FIP for the rest of my career. That's a load of crap. I'd be fighting that tooth and nail.

On the other hand...I see the necessity. There are so many freaking fakers out there that this would be a great "cure". I can't argue it for your CC for trying to combat that problem. Medical Hobby Shop lets anyone have a profile for any claim they come in with. My problem, however, is easily visible in X-rays and MRIs...and I still freaking passed all components (walked my cardio though..I'll never run again..but I did crank situps..doc didn't want me to, but I did it).

So it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. You got people like me that will actually risk hurting themselves further to try to get off profile and do the actual test. You got people that try to fake themselves out of the test. Where is the happy medium?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drackore View Post
    I thought all squadron level OIs had to go through legal. If they didn't...I'd suggest pushing it through. If it did, I'd suggest rerouting it through for a sanity check. Not saying it isn't legal - it very well could be. Let the legal "experts" make that decision. It does sound like a witch hunt. Profiles and exemptions having to go to FIP? I'd be in FIP for the rest of my career. That's a load of crap. I'd be fighting that tooth and nail.

On the other hand...I see the necessity. There are so many freaking fakers out there that this would be a great "cure". I can't argue it for your CC for trying to combat that problem. Medical Hobby Shop lets anyone have a profile for any claim they come in with. My problem, however, is easily visible in X-rays and MRIs...and I still freaking passed all components (walked my cardio though..I'll never run again..but I did crank situps..doc didn't want me to, but I did it).

So it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. You got people like me that will actually risk hurting themselves further to try to get off profile and do the actual test. You got people that try to fake themselves out of the test. Where is the happy medium?
    It's not considered FIP. Just mandatory Sq PT for some folks. BTW, according to your posts, you wouldn't have to go if you don't have any exemptions on your last test.

We've got people retaking their tests now to get a full one before 1 Oct. We have others complaining. I'll let you know more later next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay I'm going to start by saying I am not sure of this so help me out. Is it no longer Air Force standards for the P.T. test? Does the flight surgeon for the wing have to sign off on the profiles for one to be exempt from the test? How can a squadron commander override a profile? As I said I'm confused about all of this!

Always,
    Wildman
    The price of freedom is not free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StandardsAMust View Post
    Being on a profile does not enroll you into the program. Having fitness exemptions does.
    Duh...otherwise EVERYONE would be enrolled since EVERYONE is on a profile...:becky
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First week in and problems have already started. Multiple absences is the first and leadership is addressing this. Already heard a few folks think that being on a profile exempts them from Squadron PT. That's why they weren't going. Guess that's the wrong answer. Had a few folks take a full PT test early to get out of the mandatory sessions. Have a few more signed up to take a full test this month because of this change. Rumor is some may have went to ADC but was told they can't help them unless some type of action was taken against them.

CC says he will address this at the weekly staff meeting to clarify any mis-interpretation of his policy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RFScott View Post
    We did that same shit at Hurlburt...it is not as fun as it looks...
    When I was hurby we did that stuff for PT every week. We would ruck to the PT field, do PT then ruck to the sound and make sugar cookies then wash off, then PT some more then sugar cookies. It was more fun than it looked if you just played the game and didn't get pissed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RFScott View Post
    We did that same shit at Hurlburt...it is not as fun as it looks...
    It looks pretty damned stupid to me.