Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Squadron Fitness Policy takes effect 1 Oct 13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New Squadron Fitness Policy takes effect 1 Oct 13

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    You can't punish someone for being on profile. Making everyone who has a profile and not completed all the components show up for mandatory PT, even when they have a 80 or higher, when those without exemptions do not have to show up, is a form of punishment. All it will take is one complaint to the ADC or IG and it will end.
    Being on a profile does not enroll you into the program. Having fitness exemptions does.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I thought it was a 90 on the most current OR an 80 on the last 2 tests to be eligible for DSD.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giggawatt View Post
    I thought it was a 90 on the most current OR an 80 on the last 2 tests to be eligible for DSD.
    That was the same information I received. My understanding was that a person needs a 90 if the PT test prior had any kind of exemption.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I hate to be the voice of common sense here, but you don't get fitness exemptions without a profile. They are being punished for being on a profile, plain and simple, no lawyer or IG is going buy that load of bullshit. It will take person to say not go, and get in trouble for it, that person go to ADC or the IG...commander will get his peepee smacked and it will never happen again. Hell if i knew which squadron was dong it, i'd call the base IG right now and report it.
    Do you think the CC didn't run this by legal first? You must be silly. Anyway, it is not punishment. This is Squadron PT. He can mandate whomever he feels to go. The policy is legit, the sessions occur during duty hours. Not all people who have exemptions are on profile. You need to do some research.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giggawatt View Post
    You are correct. The policy states this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    That was the same information I received. My understanding was that a person needs a 90 if the PT test prior had any kind of exemption.
    Wrong. Any fitness exemptions disqualifies regardless of score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StandardsAMust View Post
    You are correct. The policy states this fact.

Wrong. Any fitness exemptions disqualifies regardless of score.
    That's not what I meant. I realize now that my first post was a little vague. This is what I meant. I got this from myPers.

6. Must have scored 80 or above on last two fitness test, or 90 or above on most recent fitness test, no failure on any portion within the last 12 months or exemptions from any component.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The names of those affected by this policy were released by the UFPM on Friday. More than 70 names on the list. Looks like it has caught some off-guard. We have already heard that some are very upset and outraged by this. I will continue to monitor and see how this unfolds over the next few days...Oct 1 is just around the corner. On the flip side, there have been many positive comments from those that hate Sq PT and would rather workout on their own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The names of those affected by this policy were released by the UFPM on Friday. More than 70 names on the list. Looks like it has caught some off-guard. We have already heard that some are very upset and outraged by this. I will continue to monitor and see how this unfolds over the next few days...Oct 1 is just around the corner. On the flip side, there have been many positive comments from those that hate Sq PT and would rather workout on their own.
    WoW!! Public shaming and all...

What's next...firing squad?
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    WoW!! Public shaming and all...

What's next...firing squad?
    Names were released to the flight chiefs...they make the notifications and re-work their scheduling if needed. Looks like there will be two times a day for Sq PT...0700-0800 and 1600-1700.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you think the CC didn't run this by legal first? You must be silly. Anyway, it is not punishment. This is Squadron PT. He can mandate whomever he feels to go. The policy is legit, the sessions occur during duty hours. Not all people who have exemptions are on profile. You need to do some research.
    Gonna guess that the answer is no, he didn't run it by legal.

More likely he figured he's the commander and knows that he can get away with anything that makes him look like a hardass when it comes to PT.

As far as the policy being legit, is he a doctor or an exercise physiologist or does he even know why his people are scoring less than an 80? If he actually knew what the hell he was doing, he wouldn't be establishing a blanket mandatory PT policy that requires everybody to attend the same training.

This is the same concept that many people have complained about here and that you and a lot of other people in the Air Force can't seem to comprehend:

Doing the wrong type of exercise is bad and doing it to excess is even worse
    Perfect is the enemy of good enough.
    The pursuit of excellence only for the sake of achieving excellence is a waste:
    Time and energy spent pursuing excellence in one area is
    time and energy that could have been used to improve in another area.