Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I'd never do a day over 20

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Why I'd never do a day over 20

Superintendent tells me today that I'll have to PT test again before I retire in June (PT test current as of December). I start PTDY on 25 June. Super said that the Commander doesn't want me to show up as noncurrent. I send a copy of the AFI stating that the Commander "will" exempt members who will be on PTDY/Terminal in conjunction with retirement. The Super comes back and says that the Chief said that since my PT test date was December 12th, my 6 month mark is June 12th, and after that I'm "noncurrent". I send the AFI stating that one is not noncurrent until the 1st day of the following month.

Now I'm waiting to hear more tomorrow. This stupidity is why I'd never do a day over 20. I feel an IG visit coming up. Actually, I'm looking forward to it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Why I'd never do a day over 20

just focus all dat energy on da test and stop whining like a airman basic strait up out of teknical school..it jst be one more test, why you be caring,hell..i'd make htem test me even If i didnt have too just so i could show everyone up one last time...haters gonna hate..and fatties gonna complain...the end..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That's the sort of situation that one would wish common sense would take over. As a serviemember, I hoped (even expected) that mutual respect exists and the bosses would cover our asses. Doesn't happen in the USAF either, I see. In your case, I would be proud to have a CO that would explain that "noncurrent" to the next higher echelon as what it is - retarded. "This one noncurrent you see represents someone that is retiring, in fact he begins transition PTDY on 25 JUN so you will not see this in next month's report. It is a non-issue." When in command, command dammit.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Superintendent tells me today that I'll have to PT test again before I retire in June (PT test current as of December). I start PTDY on 25 June. Super said that the Commander doesn't want me to show up as noncurrent. I send a copy of the AFI stating that the Commander "will" exempt members who will be on PTDY/Terminal in conjunction with retirement. The Super comes back and says that the Chief said that since my PT test date was December 12th, my 6 month mark is June 12th, and after that I'm "noncurrent". I send the AFI stating that one is not noncurrent until the 1st day of the following month.

Now I'm waiting to hear more tomorrow. This stupidity is why I'd never do a day over 20. I feel an IG visit coming up. Actually, I'm looking forward to it.
    Don't look at the trip to the IG as something you are doing for yourself but something that you are doing for you peers and subordinates. Your enlisted leadership probably don't know the AFI and are too scared to tell your CC they made a mistake.

What have you decided about your retirement ceremony?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you are that close to the end just dont test agian. Fuck'em. If it becomes an issues within the last 6 months until I retire I have no intention of killing myself to pass. I would like to end on a good note but by that time there will be more important things to worry about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take the PT test on the 5th, flunk it, and watch them spin their wheels after they realize you are leaving in less than 2 weeks. Or, better yet the day before you test, develop one hell of a back ache, go to medical. jump through all of the possible hoops you can. Hopefully, someone in your chain will just say, go ahead and outprocess. PS...there is definately life after big blue. Congrats and enjoy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post

But you will be non-concurrent from the 12th-25th of Jun. You must take the test.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    But you will be non-concurrent from the 12th-25th of Jun. You must take the test.
    sorry my friend, not so much. :crazy

Not usually an advocate for thumbing your nose at the man, but I actually gotta side with KRC... go skip around the track and eat a jelly doughnut while you do one situp. :rockon

Or just don't show up and take your LOC like a man and in your rebuttal, let them know (respectfully and proffesionally) just how stupid you think they are... quoting AFIs to back you up of course!
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder what would happen if you took the test and failed. A "noncurrent" is easy to explain on a slide, "the dude is on Permissive/Terminal. But a failure on a slide for a guy on permissive/terminal would aggravate the commander every week he sees it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

or why not just live up to them core values and smoke dat test...or does "excellence in all I do" only matter for new airman and just totally thrown out dat window once you hit SNCO.