Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shakens question of the day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Shakens question of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    No Mavs.... ROCKETS all the way. Even if they do lose all the time. Gotta support the home team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Insert clever quote here...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Shakers question of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Shaken1976 View Post
    Dagnabbit. Kids are friends. Oops.
    "Dagnabbit"? Where are you from ... the 1930s?
    "Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BENDER56 View Post
    "Dagnabbit"? Where are you from ... the 1930s?
    Listen here whippersnapper.... You best get to plowin them fields or you won't be heading to the juke joint tonight and I will take your radio away.

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, men and women can never be just friends. One will always want something from the other, be it sexual or romantic. What's going to happen when you both get drunk and one of you makes a move on the other? AWKWARD if it's rejected, even more if it's regretted the next day.

I'm not a psychologist, and my advice is based on years of alcohol dependency. In fact, my life is an entire series of bad decisions. Either way, b@ng him, get it out of your system, and see where it goes. You don't have to commit to a relationship with the guy. Bump the uglies, and go from there. He either stays or goes based on what happens after you kill the elephant in the room.

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

'Merica.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I suspect most of commenters here are right -- most guys want more than a platonic relationship. So the question is -- what do you want? 'Cause in these situations it's the woman who decides where the relationship goes.

Also, you're both grown-ups. Did it ever occur to you to simply discuss this with him?
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Hey Shaken,

Ever have a feeling (looking at post above) that sometimes men never listen when we explain things?

:becky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaken1976 View Post
    It has kind of evolved.
    Evolution is a natural and ongoing state. Any perception that it has stopped is only because you don't know how long until the next noticable change. Enough of the Darwinism...
    Your ex... Did you marry him because of what he was and hoping he wouldn't change or because of what you saw as a possibility of what he could become? Don't answer that, rhetorical question.

Can you be just friends? Theoretically yes you can, especially if he refers to you as "like a sister to me." Otherwise, if he isn't thinking about it now there's a significant chance he will in the (near?) future as it sounds like he's looking for either just a rebound before moving on or a rebound that's also "something better then before." And you sound like you're not ready for either. Tell him that last bit at least.
    Rear Admiral Yancy Graham: You watch yourself, Dodge. You are addressing a superior officer!
    Lt. Comd. Dodge: No, merely a higher ranking one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RS6405 View Post
    Hey Shaken,

Ever have a feeling (looking at post above) that sometimes men never listen when we explain things?

:becky
    I'll confess that occasionally I'll comment without having read every previous post. So which post did I miss?
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Just my opinion...

I have a hunch that Shaken would like this guy to be more than a friend, but she is playing coy to her coworkers..:wiggle:

and even us a little, but is hoping our comments will boost her optimism, that he really does dig her...in a few months she'll post again saying how this has developed into a relationship..:smlove2:

Her head says "I'm not ready for romance right now"...but she is feeling all giggly with him.
    Well seeing as my head is saying I am not ready for romance I think I will listen to it. As most of you guys know my marriage was not great and you only know the top of layer of what was going on. Hell I am still finding out shit he pulled. I don't trust so easily anymore. Which is why I like the friendship I have with this guy. I don't have to worry about getting stomped on.