Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: EPR Changes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

EPR Changes

It looks like there are going to be some EPR changes coming in the next couple of years. See link below.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article...ever-enlisteds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: EPR Changes

Well, it's about time, only took 'em 10 years to realize there was a problem, and another 5 to fix it. Practially light speed for big blue. /sarcasm/

On the other hand, one can only imagine how bad they can make it. /ok, really, I'm done with the sarcasm/

On the third hand, since they are just "brainstorming", maybe they should get some brains involved. /really, that's the end of the sarcasm, I promise/

<sigh>
    Whatever they do, it won't fix the real problem.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

And to think that EPRs were created to solve the APR inflation problem. If the next EPR fix includes ratings that have WAPS value, then the inflation will continue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    And to think that EPRs were created to solve the APR inflation problem. If the next EPR fix includes ratings that have WAPS value, then the inflation will continue.
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I expect nothing..perhaps some more talk with the same lack of results.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It may take till 2015 as each change is made incrementally or by rank, meaning SMSgt-CMSgt EPR changes first, then MSgt, then TSgt.... Especially if the changes involve syncing closeout to PECD, etc. Just a guess on my part but as I have said before, making EPRs truly annual (close out on/near PECD) will by itself cut into inflation and creative writing. I had APRs (and wrote a few) along with all three versions of the EPR, and I truly believe if all were rated on the same time period (eliminating CRO-jockeying to "help Johnny") a large degree of honest ratings will occur. If not, then I guess the AF is truly doomed.
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool Re: EPR Changes

How does that song go? Oh, yeah, that's what it was..."The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round..."

What the song doesn't address is whether or not the bus is going forward or backward. I guess the ACC CCM doesn't remember how the EPR was "sold" to the population back in the late 80s. They used phrases like "'Biggest single change' ever for enlisteds" back then as well. Here's a little something from the time period:

"OER/APR ADMINISTRATION: A GUIDE FOR UNIT LEVEL MONITORS"

The single thing that will resolve EPR inflation will be to completely remove any/all connection to promotion scoring. Use it to validate whether or not an individual is "worthy" of being promoted, and nothing else.

But that ain't NEVER gonna happen...
    Air Force standards must be uniformly known, consistently applied and non-selectively enforced.
    - Gen. Ronald R Fogleman, Air Force Chief of Staff

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

Never tell people how to do things.
    Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
    - General George Patton Jr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Our current CMSAF and CSAF are making changes to alot of things...only time will tell if they make things better or make things worse...right now, I'm not holding my breath.

For instance, the new PT changes that take effect in two weeks still have not been released. So far...all talk, no action.

But at least they are attempting change.

Also, how do you post JPG images on this forum...I'd like to post some shocking stuff but can't figure out how. Please, someone PM me with instructions.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StandardsAMust View Post
    Our current CMSAF and CSAF are making changes to alot of things...only time will tell if they make things better or make things worse...right now, I'm not holding my breath.

For instance, the new PT changes that take effect in two weeks still have not been released. So far...all talk, no action.

But at least they are attempting change.

Also, how do you post JPG images on this forum...I'd like to post some shocking stuff but can't figure out how. Please, someone PM me with instructions.
    I agree, at least they are trying. All we've heard in the past is that there's nothing wrong with it. Now it is being addressed, which is a step in the right direction. Only hindsight will let people know if it's a good move, but it can't be any worse than it is now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's the thing that scares me...

The statement

"Airmen should “get ready...”"

But there is no identification of WHAT to get ready for. That smacks of the "Ready, fire aim" execution that has become the trademark of Air Force leadership in the last few years. This thing could be REALLY ugly and I'm not confident that the real problem (subjective enforcement of standards leading to inflated ratings) will have been addressed.

-BB-
    Don't thank me... Thank my recruiter!