Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Vatican: Celibacy in Catholic Church open for discussion

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Re: Vatican: Celibacy in Catholic Church open for discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    LOL...exactly. You are the one saying, rationally, he would just go seek sex from a prositute or adult female...
    No I didn't. I said nothing of a priest thinking "rationally."

I'm the one saying...repressed sexuality just might be expressed in an irrational way.
    Okay, I'm a heterosexual male. If I'm going without sex, you know what the #1 thing on my mind is going to be? A vagina. A nice big, pink, warm, wet, fragrant, tasty VAGINA. And it will STAY on my mind until I get it. No rational thinking required. The only thing I'll do with a little boy that will land me in prison, due to sex deprivation, is kick him like a football if he gets in my way when I'm trying to get to that VAGINA.

Do you see any rationality in that? I sure as hell don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:spy "Now if they only put this amount of energy into the worlds largest prison system problem of sexual assaults...."(that they do in protecting children)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

In Kansas, the age of consent is 15, Tak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:spy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    I got a 14 year old, in my opinion that's just way too young.
    In basic training I met some dudes from the South who had
    Wife's that young and kids already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zavh...e_gdata_player
    :spy "Lived in 'Kansas'; and saw first hand the result of it..."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

I think that marriage before the human brain has completed forming into the adult brain is a bad thing. That happens in the mid 20s. However, what is someone to do with a child like person that is in their 40s?

Since this is a little off subject, I guess I must state that there is the Catholic Church that swept the pedophiles under the rug, while 'agonizing' over the molestation charges against the priests. What I wonder is how many of the pedopriests were themselves molested by a priest while they were children?

Also, there are links that can be found about Carmelite nuns having been raped by priests. I suppose that when there were females that could be used against their will, and any news of those rapes being suppressed by the CC, not to mention consensual sex with some of the nuns that needed no suppression, in the area that this was done may have been a far less molestation rate of the children.

Or maybe the rate of molestation was the same, or higher. Those figures were not to be found back when I checked on rapes being conducted on some of the Carmelite nuns.

It's a sad state of affairs when men trusted with children do these things.

Also, if the priests confessed their rapes or molestations to other priests, in the confessional, not only are the priests themselves guilty of such things, but the priests that take their confessions would probably have to report such things to higher authorites. If they do have to do that (not so sure on the privacy of the confessions, amongst priests), then there is a huge amount of priests that knew or know of what has happened, or is happening.

The RCC can claim that they are taking care of business, and it's none of the outside worlds business. However, if they think that the entire world is happy with that stance, I do believe that the RCC will have to deal with public outcry, sooner, rather than later.

I am not Catholic. I really don't know the finer points in ideology of the RCC. What I do think is that a certain amount of 'self guarding' has come into existence to protect priests, and that other members of that church 'enjoy' some of those 'benefits.' Such as the privacy of the confessions.

What I also believe is that if someone does a felony, then gets absolved of the 'sin of the crime,' then I think that the public authorities should be notified.

Murder, rape, and child molestation, especially.

As I said, I am not an RC. That may very well shock any of the RCC members, as to what I said.

Also the same thing should extend to all members of any church, worldwide.

The person may have been washed free of their sins before God, but just like a person on death row getting their sins absolved, it doesn't mean that they don't have to be punished.

That is my 2 cents worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I'm sorry, but one thing that we lost focus on... is the easy access to sex with consenting adult. ANY sex that a priest has is going to against the rules as a priest. And, if the priest is not truly not attracted to children, he's going to exhaust all efforts to have sex with consenting adult.
    Not if the priest is married.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    What I also believe is that if someone does a felony, then gets absolved of the 'sin of the crime,' then I think that the public authorities should be notified.

Murder, rape, and child molestation, especially.

As I said, I am not an RC. That may very well shock any of the RCC members, as to what I said.

Also the same thing should extend to all members of any church, worldwide.

The person may have been washed free of their sins before God, but just like a person on death row getting their sins absolved, it doesn't mean that they don't have to be punished.

That is my 2 cents worth.
    I do know that the confession itself isn't the sacrament; it's the penance. In other words, the priest may tell you that your absolved, but that's conditional based on completion of the task that was given to you by your priest.

I had a friend once, who had to volunteer a certain amount of hours at the local SPCA when he confessed to kicking his dog out of anger.

Although I've never seen it, I imagine that if someone confesses a major crime - like murder or rape - that the priest will probably tell you to turn yourself in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Not if the priest is married.
    ...yeah, one of those rare exceptions. It's not too often you see an Episcopalian/Anglican priest jumping ship.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I do know that the confession itself isn't the sacrament; it's the penance. In other words, the priest may tell you that your absolved, but that's conditional based on completion of the task that was given to you by your priest.

I had a friend once, who had to volunteer a certain amount of hours at the local SPCA when he confessed to kicking his dog out of anger.

Although I've never seen it, I imagine that if someone confesses a major crime - like murder or rape - that the priest will probably tell you to turn yourself in.

...yeah, one of those rare exceptions. It's not too often you see an Episcopalian/Anglican priest jumping ship.
    Actually it is the confession (along with contrition, absolution by a priest and lastly the penance)

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Actually it is the confession (along with contrition, absolution by a priest and lastly the penance)
    This link right here, straight from the Vatican, lists the sacrament as "penance."

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_cs...chism/p2s2.htm
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

This link right here, straight from the Vatican, lists the sacrament as "penance."

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_cs...chism/p2s2.htm
    Yes the word "penance" is cited. That is the name of the four-part sacrament.

Further into the website you cited it explains it (in a fairly cumbersome manner I might add)

"1480 Like all the sacraments, Penance is a liturgical action. The elements of the celebration are ordinarily these: a greeting and blessing from the priest, reading the word of God to illuminate the conscience and elicit contrition, and an exhortation to repentance; the confession, which acknowledges sins and makes them known to the priest; the imposition and acceptance of a penance; the priest's absolution; a prayer of thanksgiving and praise and dismissal with the blessing of the priest."

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself