Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All things Techie..

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All things Techie..

A thread about the newest gadgets. Phones, surround sound, televions, and more.

THe Cross parents have iPhone 5's, Wouldn't mind the newest one though.

Anyone buying the new iPhone yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: All things Techie..

Hate the apple puters cause I am used to the regular ones-getting used to 'em but... HATE cell phones-have my electronic leash but have thus far been able to resist the wife on getting me my own. Have some nice Klipsh speakers that are so outdated now it isn't even funny... Got a BluRay player last year (ish). Still have a VHS player and a record player.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The most recent tech equipment I have, other than my desktop and laptop computers, is an iPod 4. My cell phone is from Great Calls and it a basic phone which I normally use for emergencies like last month when I caught a bicycle thief in the act. I do have the large Kindle Fire HD which I like when I go somewhere and I know they don't have free wifi.

My two TVs (32-in and 20-in) are 11 year-old analog and they'll be replaced when they finally breakdown. My stereo equipment is 20 years old as is the Bose speakers. When the 32-in goes out I'll get a 55 or 60 inch flat screen LCD TV and most likely a sound system for it.

I'm not afraid of technology but I usually wait until something breaks before getting the latest tech products.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I absolutely hate Apple IPad/IPhone/Ianything. I hate how Apple is so insecure about it's products that they are only NOW are allowing us to do more without having to jailbreak the phones.

Both me and the wife have the huge GSM Galaxy Note phones, which workout great when we are on the couch and we want to use it online. They work like a tablet.

I have a 40inch tv I got last year cheap as hell The last techie items I have two laptops.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I love Apple products! Never have any problems with them crashing or running slow and in my opinion they are much more secure than Windows and Android based products.

Microsoft lost me when they came out with Vista, switched over to a MacBook on my next upgrade and haven't looked back.

Recently picked up an iPad and use it almost exclusively now and I've never felt a need to jailbreak any of my devices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I love Apple products! Never have any problems with them crashing or running slow and in my opinion they are much more secure than Windows and Android based products.
    Microsoft lost me when they came out with Vista, switched over to a MacBook on my next upgrade and haven't looked back.
    Recently picked up an iPad and use it almost exclusively now and I've never felt a need to jailbreak any of my devices.
    Well that's you but me I got to have the openness to use it when I want too and how I want too. That's why I love GSM phones and not the ones normally sold in the USA. I like being able to use a sim card and change providers when I want to and how I want. I don't like being stuck with a provider just because of a stupid phone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post

The only problem I have with my iPod Touch 4 is with the Notes app. Sometimes I'll make a note and the two days later it disappears. IJ haven't figure out an answer for that yet. Other than that it works fine.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mac is great if all you're doing is multimedia type stuff (though way, way overpriced). But they know they can charge what they want because their users are so overly loyal (or just anti-Microsoft) that they will pay 3 to 4 times the amount of a very similar, or better, PC just to say they have a Mac.

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Mac is great if all you're doing is multimedia type stuff (though way, way overpriced). But they know they can charge what they want because their users are so overly loyal (or just anti-Microsoft) that they will pay 3 to 4 times the amount of a very similar, or better, PC just to say they have a Mac.
    I don't have a Mac. I do have an ipad I bought about two years ago. I have a Toshiba laptop we bought around four years ago. The kids use it for homework. There is an even older desktop with no internet connection in the gameroom that the kids use for games. I am debating a new ipad or other tablet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am a huge tech nerd, I have a 17in MacBook Pro, my son has a 15 in MacBook and an iphone, my oldest has a HP mini and an iphone, we have an iPad, Galaxy Note Tab; I have a Note 2, Chromecast, Roku and an Apple TV. I haven’t purchased anything new minus the Chromecast. We still have 2 VHS players and I still an 8-track player with some cassettes that I got when my grandmother died.