Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clint Bowyer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Clint Bowyer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Clint Bowyer

Stuff like this starts at the top. From Brian Vickers being forced to pit, to the spine. MWR has lost what little cred it had left. This will change the face of NASCAR for next year. There will be some NFL type rules headed down the pipe. Just wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is one of the reasons why I don't watch NASCAR anymore. I haven't really watched a full race since they started the chase bullshit.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    I think you're right...it will change things.

NASCAR's guiding principle needs to be "if you are on the track, you are racing for the best position, period." No shenanigans to help out other cars, be they teammates or not, will be tolerated. Fight your own battles.

The chase does keep things exciting...without the chase format, this season would basically have been over more than a month ago. It does change the dynamics quite a bit though. I'm not sure that it's any more bullshit than any other playoff though.
    It was a pretty crappy move. On one hand, I think it calls for a serious suspension of many team members. On the other hand, is it really any different than crews from different teams being allowed to talk back and forth about "teaming up" when it comes to drafting, etc? To me that is legalized cheating. Of course they call it strategy, but to me it seems no different than fixing a race. Different teams should not be allowed to converse with each other about race strategy, before or during the race.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What upsets me even more about this was the fact I had Clint on my fantasy race team this week. That A-hole cost me $130...
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Disgraced the sport, his team, his sponsors with an intentional spin with 7 laps to go because the wrong guy was leading the race.

Throwing the race...ranks right up there with the Chicago Black Sox, IMO.

He should've been parked for the season, at least. He has severely damaged the integrity of the sport...and really just got a slap on the wrist.

Even Pete Rose never threw a game intentionally.
    Serious question:

Isn't he just playing the villain like in professional wrestling?

All that NASCAR drama is scripted, right?

Just like Hulk Hogan was the "Nature Boy" and Dale Waltrip was "The Intimidator" it is all in the script at the beginning of the race, right?

It is all for fun so don't get upset, just enjoy the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The chase does keep things exciting...without the chase format, this season would basically have been over more than a month ago. It does change the dynamics quite a bit though. I'm not sure that it's any more bullshit than any other playoff though.
    The only thing I don't like about the chase is the fact that non-chase drivers can still have a say in the outcome(crash a Chase guy out). If I were running it, there would be 2 races on Sunday...both 200 lap/mile sprints. One for the non-Chase guys so they can go nuts(and still get owner points), and one for the Chase guys(My chase setup would be top 15-18 drivers).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Serious question:

Isn't he just playing the villain like in professional wrestling?

All that NASCAR drama is scripted, right?

Just like Hulk Hogan was the "Nature Boy" and Dale Waltrip was "The Intimidator" it is all in the script at the beginning of the race, right?

It is all for fun so don't get upset, just enjoy the show.
    Hulk Hogan wasn't the "Nature Boy". Ric Flair was the "Nature Boy". Before that, Buddy Rogers was the "Nature Boy". At one point, for a short time, Buddy Landel was even the "Nature Boy".

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My question is this: Why do you consider NASCAR to be a sport?

What kind of athletic skill does it take to turn left all day?
    How does one go to the gym to prepare for a race?

I'll give you the competition aspect of NASCAR. It's highly competitive, but so is beer pong and bowling. I've heard the "they endure a lot of gravitational force", and the "it's really hot in that car" arguments. Pilots endure a lot of gravitational forces, but flying airplanes isn't a sport. I'll concur that they endure a lot to finish a race, but is NASCAR really a sport? Are the drivers really athletes?

I'd like to read your thoughts on this.

'Merica - Canada's Mexico

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Hulk Hogan wasn't the "Nature Boy". Ric Flair was the "Nature Boy". Before that, Buddy Rogers was the "Nature Boy". At one point, for a short time, Buddy Landel was even the "Nature Boy".
    Also, "The Intimidator" was Dale Earnhardt, not Darrell Waltrip. And AA says he is from North Carolina....