Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Clint Bowyer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Clint Bowyer

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Ummm...Razor Ramon...he started as Scott Hall in the AWA, ran by Verne Gagne. He was, at the time, referred to as an alligator wrestler. He was "The Bad Guy", one of the founding members of the NWO in WCW, along with Kevin Nash (Diesel/Oz). When they jumped from WWE to WCW it was one of the first times that it was recognized on a wrestling show that there even was another wrestling company. They were known as "The Outsiders", supposedly not members of WCW. When Hogan came over, they formed the NWO when Hogan went "heel" against Macho Man. Shall I go on? And, no, I'm not ashamed for knowing this.
    Here is a little history that no one but me will care about, but I'll tell it anyway.

Verne Gagne was originally from MN. Every year he held a Vern Gagne high school wrestling tournament. In 1989 I won my weight class and he presented me with my medal.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Do you think that stuff is real or do you know it is scripted and choreographed?
    That is such a ridiculous question. You do realize that for the last 25 years or so everyone is well aware that everything is scripted? I rarely watch anymore, maybe 2 to 3 times a year, but I used to watch it all as much as possible.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 71Fish View Post
    Here is a little history that no one but me will care about, but I'll tell it anyway.

Verne Gagne was originally from MN. Every year he held a Vern Gagne high school wrestling tournament. In 1989 I won my weight class and he presented me with my medal.
    Pretty awesome getting the medal from him. He's a legend.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    That is such a ridiculous question. You do realize that for the last 25 years or so everyone is well aware that everything is scripted? I rarely watch anymore, maybe 2 to 3 times a year, but I used to watch it all as much as possible.
    Just checking and I'm not so sure I'd slap they "everyone" label onto that statement.

One of my cousins is the operations manager at an arena and a couple of years ago one of the custodians came to him with a look of concern on his face and said, "You can't put all those wrestlers in the same locker room!"

"Why not?" My cousin replied. "Because they'll kill each other in there before the event even starts!"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Just checking and I'm not so sure I'd slap they "everyone" label onto that statement.

One of my cousins is the operations manager at an arena and a couple of years ago one of the custodians came to him with a look of concern on his face and said, "You can't put all those wrestlers in the same locker room!"

"Why not?" My cousin replied. "Because they'll kill each other in there before the event even starts!"
    Well, you can't fix....

It's no more real or unreal than any fiction drama anybody watches on TV.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Jeff Gordon has been added to the Chase as a 13th contender...wow!
    I missed it...what's the reasoning for that?

edit: Did they want to ensure homosexuals were accounted for?:haha:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NAPA has dumped Michael Waltrip Racing as a result of the scandal. From a BleacherReport article:

NAPA announced on Facebook that it will end its sponsorship agreement with Michael Waltrip Racing:

After thorough consideration, NAPA has made the difficult decision to end its sponsorship arrangement with Michael Waltrip Racing effective December 31, 2013. NAPA believes in fair play and does not condone actions such as those that led to the penalties assessed by NASCAR. We remain supportive of the millions of NASCAR fans and will evaluate our future position in motorsports.

Michael Waltrip released a statement following the announcement on Michael Waltrip Racing's Facebook account:

NAPA has been with me from winning two Daytona 500s, to missing races with a new start-up team, and back to victory lane again. The relationship grew far past that of just a sponsor, but more of a partner and a friend. We will not be racing a NAPA car in 2014, but I have friendships that will last a lifetime.

To the fans and those who made their voice heard through social media, as the owner, I am responsible for all actions of MWR. I sincerely apologize for the role our team played and for the lines NASCAR has ruled were crossed by our actions at Richmond. NASCAR met with the competitors in Chicago and we all know how we are expected to race forward.
    Link to the article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rial&hpt=hp_t2