Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clint Bowyer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Clint Bowyer

Quote Originally Posted by 71Fish View Post
    ESPN shows spelling bees.
    And the grueling endurance sport that is Poker!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    Is golf a sport?
    I have been know to play golf, but I do not consider it a sport in terms of athletic ability. Yes, there is a high degree of skill involved but that is very different than athletic ability. I have no doubt that a NASCAR driver is very skilled at what he does and I do not think I could do it, but I still consider it a skill. Just my opinion...
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wish Danica Patrick would wear a tighter fire suit.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Hulk Hogan wasn't the "Nature Boy". Ric Flair was the "Nature Boy". Before that, Buddy Rogers was the "Nature Boy". At one point, for a short time, Buddy Landel was even the "Nature Boy".
    I neglected to comment on this earlier but it kind of scares me that you have such a high degree of knowledge about professional wrestling.

No doubt you would be able to tell me the name of the wrestler who always spit their chewing gum into the air and would knock it into the crowd as they entered the ring.

Although I doubt you need an extra clue, he reminded me of the Biff character from Back to the Future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I neglected to comment on this earlier but it kind of scares me that you have such a high degree of knowledge about professional wrestling.

No doubt you would be able to tell me the name of the wrestler who always spit their chewing gum into the air and would knock it into the crowd as they entered the ring.

Although I doubt you need an extra clue, he reminded me of the Biff character from Back to the Future.
    Your knowledge of pro wrestling is also disturbing.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Ummm...Razor Ramon...he started as Scott Hall in the AWA, ran by Verne Gagne. He was, at the time, referred to as an alligator wrestler. He was "The Bad Guy", one of the founding members of the NWO in WCW, along with Kevin Nash (Diesel/Oz). When they jumped from WWE to WCW it was one of the first times that it was recognized on a wrestling show that there even was another wrestling company. They were known as "The Outsiders", supposedly not members of WCW. When Hogan came over, they formed the NWO when Hogan went "heel" against Macho Man. Shall I go on? And, no, I'm not ashamed for knowing this.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Ummm...Razor Ramon...he started as Scott Hall in the AWA, ran by Verne Gagne. He was, at the time, referred to as an alligator wrestler. He was "The Bad Guy", one of the founding members of the NWO in WCW, along with Kevin Nash (Diesel/Oz). When they jumped from WWE to WCW it was one of the first times that it was recognized on a wrestling show that there even was another wrestling company. They were known as "The Outsiders", supposedly not members of WCW. When Hogan came over, they formed the NWO when Hogan went "heel" against Macho Man. Shall I go on? And, no, I'm not ashamed for knowing this.
    Maybe that guy also did the chewing gum stunt but I was talking about was Mr. Perfect; I have no clue as to which wrestling company he worked for.

The only reason I know about that crap is because my ex-wife's family watched that stuff non-stop.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Maybe that guy also did the chewing gum stunt but I was talking about was Mr. Perfect; I have no clue as to which wrestling company he worked for.

The only reason I know about that crap is because my ex-wife's family watched that stuff non-stop.
    I just realized my wrong answer...I apologize. Razor had the toothpick...Mr. Perfect also started out in the AWA...him and Razor Ramon were actually tag team partners in their younger days. At the time, Perfect was known by his real name, Curt Hennig...son of Larry the Axe...The best match I ever saw him wrestle was against Nick Bockwinkle...went to a 1 hour time limit draw...ESPN carried the AWA at the time...The match took place the same night that Sugar Ray Leonard fought Marvin Hagler...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I just realized my wrong answer...I apologize. Razor had the toothpick...Mr. Perfect also started out in the AWA...him and Razor Ramon were actually tag team partners in their younger days. At the time, Perfect was known by his real name, Curt Hennig...son of Larry the Axe...The best match I ever saw him wrestle was against Nick Bockwinkle...went to a 1 hour time limit draw...ESPN carried the AWA at the time...The match took place the same night that Sugar Ray Leonard fought Marvin Hagler...
    Do you think that stuff is real or do you know it is scripted and choreographed?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

NASCAR needs to have a throwback race, using modified stock cars (suspension, safety, engine). That would be interesting to see (at least to me)
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"