Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Troops waving Mexican flags?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

US Troops waving Mexican flags?

Okay, this came to my mind after watching the Costa Rica vs. USA World Cup Qualifying match and I saw few brave Americans waving the US Flag in Costa Rica.
    Two years ago, the USA played Mexico in the Gold Cup final. ESPN was covering the match and from time to time, showed live images of military personnel down range in PT gear or military uniform...yet they were all waving the Mexican Flag! There were some waving the US flag, but they were clearly outnumbered. Now I don't think that ESPN will do this again for Tuesday's night match when the US take on Mexico, but how do you handle a situation like that? Can you actually tell someone that they cannot support another country while in uniform?
    I really don't care who you support off duty hours in civilian clothes, but in uniform, it should strictly be the US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: US Troops waving Mexican flags?

Who cares? It's soccer.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
    Okay, this came to my mind after watching the Costa Rica vs. USA World Cup Qualifying match and I saw few brave Americans waving the US Flag in Costa Rica.
    Two years ago, the USA played Mexico in the Gold Cup final. ESPN was covering the match and from time to time, showed live images of military personnel down range in PT gear or military uniform...yet they were all waving the Mexican Flag! There were some waving the US flag, but they were clearly outnumbered. Now I don't think that ESPN will do this again for Tuesday's night match when the US take on Mexico, but how do you handle a situation like that? Can you actually tell someone that they cannot support another country while in uniform?
    I really don't care who you support off duty hours in civilian clothes, but in uniform, it should strictly be the US.
    OMG...
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    OMG...
    Can you imagine trying to enfore that? You MUST root for the U.S. team. No waiving other flags while in uniform... What about state flags? What about the POW/MIA flag?
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Can you imagine trying to enfore that? You MUST root for the U.S. team. No waiving other flags while in uniform... What about state flags? What about the POW/MIA flag?
    I think that state flags are a bit different than the flags of another nation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is freaking sports!!! Root for whomever you want to root for...

O Brasil são número um
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Who cares? It's soccer.
    THIS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why are they in uniform for the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFWolf View Post
    Why are they in uniform for the game?

Ummm....perhaps because civvies are not allowed?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
    ESPN was covering the match and from time to time, showed live images of military personnel down range in PT gear or military uniform...yet they were all waving the Mexican Flag!

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe they were Mexican troops?