Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will a moderator or Admin please delete my account. Thanks

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Will a moderator or Admin please delete my account. Thanks

I will pass the message to FA.

Edit to add: Self-deletion is not a feature of the vBulletin 4.12 software. It appears that they were considering the option for the newest version, but were concerned about how to handle the users content, which is trickier than I thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who cares? Why delete any accounts? If a member doesn't want to post anymore, they just don't post anymore...not exactly rocket surgery.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Who cares? Why delete any accounts? If a member doesn't want to post anymore, they just don't post anymore...not exactly rocket surgery.
    If I wanted to stop posting, I'd ask to have my account deleted so as to make sure that I CAN'T post here anymore; or at least that I'd have to go through more trouble than it's worth in order to post again.

The difference is that I'd ask the mods through PM to do it; instead of out in the open. Requesting this out in the open just reeks of announcing that one is taking their ball and going home, in hopes that whatever demand they had might be given into.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wasn't this an alt account of someone anyways? Maybe the owner was recently reinstated and is giving this account up in order to resume posting under their original account.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RFScott View Post
    Wasn't this an alt account of someone anyways? Maybe the owner was recently reinstated and is giving this account up in order to resume posting under their original account.
    Bingo !!

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    If I wanted to stop posting, I'd ask to have my account deleted so as to make sure that I CAN'T post here anymore; or at least that I'd have to go through more trouble than it's worth in order to post again.

The difference is that I'd ask the mods through PM to do it; instead of out in the open. Requesting this out in the open just reeks of announcing that one is taking their ball and going home, in hopes that whatever demand they had might be given into.
    Even eaiser? Go change your password. When you do, type gibberish onto a word doc, copy it and paste it 2x then delete the word doc. Your posts will still be here for posterity but you won't be able to post unless you go through the trouble of resetting your password.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Even if vBulletin allowed self deletion as part of their core product, most admins wouldn't allow it as it could kill their SEO. For folks like the OP, its not a big deal but for folks like Tak, it would hurt their SEO ratings. That is of course if they even cared about SEO to begin with.