Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pick the Winners!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Pick the Winners!

Each week, 6 NFL games will be up for speculation. The games will be picked at random. I will pick the first 6 games for Week 1. Whoever gets the most correct picks will choose the games for the following week. In the event of a tie, I will punt.

Due to delays beyond my control, I am late in starting this up so this week these are the games to pick:
    Baltimore @ Denver
    Cincinnati @ Chicago
    Miami @ Cleveland
    Kansas City @ Jacksonville
    Green Bay @ San Francisco
    Houston @ San Diego

You will pick the winners. No accounting for point spread, just the straight up winner. If the team you picked to win does so, you get a “win” as well. Your record for each week be 6-0, 5-1, etc. If a game ends in a tie, everyone gets a tie as well.

Depending on the amount of participation, we can have this continue through the playoffs as well. Those with the best records during the regular season can continue on picking winners for the playoff games. It would be difficult to project how this would work until we know how many participants we have.

Weeks 1-15 all feature a Thursday game. Picks for the week would need to be entered prior to any game being played, so let's say that as long as the pick was posted in this thread prior to the Thursday Night kickoff, it is valid. The timestamp of the post will be the standard.

In the interest of fairness, any post that is edited would be subject to “scrutiny”. Just post your picks again if you made a mistake.

This is just for fun, no money involved. Just trash-talking and bragging rights.

Comments, suggestions, want to sign up?
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: Pick the Winners!

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    Each week, 6 NFL games will be up for speculation. The games will be picked at random. I will pick the first 6 games for Week 1. Whoever gets the most correct picks will choose the games for the following week. In the event of a tie, I will punt.

Due to delays beyond my control, I am late in starting this up so this week these are the games to pick:
    Baltimore @ Denver
    Cincinnati @ Chicago
    Miami @ Cleveland
    Houston @ San Diego

You will pick the winners. No accounting for point spread, just the straight up winner. If the team you picked to win does so, you get a “win” as well. Your record for each week be 6-0, 5-1, etc. If a game ends in a tie, everyone gets a tie as well.

Depending on the amount of participation, we can have this continue through the playoffs as well. Those with the best records during the regular season can continue on picking winners for the playoff games. It would be difficult to project how this would work until we know how many participants we have.

Weeks 1-15 all feature a Thursday game. Picks for the week would need to be entered prior to any game being played, so let's say that as long as the pick was posted in this thread prior to the Thursday Night kickoff, it is valid. The timestamp of the post will be the standard.

In the interest of fairness, any post that is edited would be subject to “scrutiny”. Just post your picks again if you made a mistake.

This is just for fun, no money involved. Just trash-talking and bragging rights.

Denver
    Cincinnati
    Miami
    Kansas City
    San Francisco
    Houston

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here are my picks for Week 1:

Denver
    Chicago
    Cleveland
    Kansas City
    San Francisco
    Houston

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RFScott View Post
    Here are my picks for Week 1:

Denver
    Chicago
    Cleveland
    Kansas City
    San Francisco
    Houston
    Had a tough time picking the Cincinnati/Chicago game. Cinci is supposed to be a tough team this year, but first game of the year is hard to call.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Baltimore @ Denver
    Cincinnati @ Chicago
    Miami @ Cleveland
    Houston @ San Diego
    My picks are:
    Denver
    Chicago
    Cleveland
    Jacksonville
    San Francisco
    Houston
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Had a tough time picking the Cincinnati/Chicago game. Cinci is supposed to be a tough team this year, but first game of the year is hard to call.
    I had a tough time with that one too. Both teams are pretty solid on defense, but I gave the nod to the Bears since they are at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Baltimore @ Denver
    Cincinnati @ Chicago
    Miami @ Cleveland
    Houston @ San Diego

Good Idea

Baltimore
    Cincinnati
    Cleveland
    Kansas City
    San Fran
    Houston
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great idea efmbman.

Denver
    Chicago
    Miami
    Kansas City
    Green Bay
    Houston
    When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Baltimore @ Denver
    Cincinnati @ Chicago
    Miami @ Cleveland
    Houston @ San Diego
    Denver