Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the Outdoors

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In the Outdoors

Wanted to create a thread about outdoor experiences. Hiking, hunting, fishing, camping... Anything related to outdoors and equipment so we can learn here from each other.

Just last week I went to Shadow Lakes in Il and had a blast fishing and swimming on the lake. Great place to go if you are near the Il. area. They have everything so you can enjoy the outdoors there. Also went camping/hunting a few times to Mt. Evans in Colorado with a friend who is an avid huntsman and also had a great time.

Are you a hunter? You enjoy fishing? What are the best places you have visited?

Please feel free to share your stories here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: In the Outdoors

“I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We LOVE to hit the lake or the beach. Kayaking is a favorite. The girls love to go tubing and the boy hates it...odd.

Oldest girl loves to fish and baits her own hook. The other two...not so much.

No hunting here.

Hiking...we would probably do more but the kids are afraid of seeing snakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seeing snakes isn't a problem...NOT seeing the little fuckers can REALLY hurt....
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Seeing snakes isn't a problem...NOT seeing the little fuckers can REALLY hurt....
    Yes. But we saw one...ONCE...and now they refuse to enter any wooded area. Even after buying them boots and walking sticks. This is also why boyo refuses to get in the water for tubing...water moccasins. Although he will get in the lake where he can stand and swim for hours on end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCross View Post
    Yes. But we saw one...ONCE...and now they refuse to enter any wooded area. Even after buying them boots and walking sticks. This is also why boyo refuses to get in the water for tubing...water moccasins. Although he will get in the lake where he can stand and swim for hours on end.
    We had a lil rattlesnake in our backyard. Also have deer, turkeys, an owl, a hawk, some raccoons, and other assorted cittters. My daughter likes to go tromping around in the woods-wife isn't such a fan.

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We had a lil rattlesnake in our backyard. Also have deer, turkeys, an owl, a hawk, some raccoons, and other assorted cittters. My daughter likes to go tromping around in the woods-wife isn't such a fan.
    Sounds like Duck Dynasty to me.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Camped of my toon last weekend. Michigan is beutiful this time of year.

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ever tried to calm down three kids who saw a grass snake? They were flipping out so much they scared the poor snake. Two adults can not carry three kids.

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good to know. We have a large dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    We did 4 days in Yosemite in July. Beautiful place...now on fire, unfortunately.

Was disappointed we didn't see much for wildlife...oh, and if you plan on going, know that Yosemite is extremely NOT dog-friendly. Dogs are prohibited on most all of the trails, except for a couple paved ones...and you have to on trails to see most of the cool stuff. Next time, we won't take the dog.

Our other yearly camping trips are to a local beach...and to the NASCAR race.