Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wonder if Tak based his name off Stephen Kings Desperaton/ New uniform coming soon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder if Tak based his name off Stephen Kings Desperaton/ New uniform coming soon?

.................................................. ................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: I wonder if Tak based his name off Stephen Kings Desperaton/ New uniform coming s

Nope but nice try.... It came as a way to slyly be vulgar.... His original name was Takdakak or something like that... when you pronounce it, it says "Take the cock." I think he got his peter slapped for that so he changed it to Tak. When he retired IRL, he changed it to Godfather.

As to your side note... Are you SURE that is what it says? From what I read, it was just going to prevent them from developing a NEW one without getting buy-in from all five branches.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: I wonder if Tak based his name off Stephen Kings Desperaton/ New uniform coming s

Welcome back Tak.

Oh and new SK book comes out Sept 24...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My life is complete. I can now see Flaps and Tak sharing the love again.
    Advice from JD2780:

"don't post angry"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

We can only hope that the both of them can be a little bit more receptive to each other.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    My apologies to Flaps. I have been giving him a hard time for years. I never meant any harm. I will bother him no more and wish him nothing but the best in his much deserved retirement. Congrats and again, sorry Flaps.
    This forum is so confounding. Just a few weeks ago the mods were insisting that you would never be heard from ever again so help me <insert your preferred mythical being here>.

And yet, here you are.

Or are the mods just toying with us 'cause they can?

Anyway, if it's really you, good to see you back.
    "Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is really him. They reduced the sentences. It think they all remained measured in months but the FA/mods realized that for trite stuff, a perma-ban might do more harm than good.

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome back.

Do you even like Stephen King?
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Thanks.

Yes, I like Stephen King movies and TV shows, never read any of his books though.
    Some are a bit out there...like Maximum Overdrive, Tommyknockers and the one about
    the growing mansion. Some of his best, including based off his short stories are
    The Shining, The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption and The Stand.
    Tak,

I am glad that you are back. You have a wealth of information. On a side note, you should look at Joe Hill's books (Stephen King's Son). The apple does not fall far from the tree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dean Koontz has some good King-like novels too. Phantoms is one of the best books I have ever read, then it was made into a movie around 1996 or so which was terrible.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.