Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Walmart hiring process

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Re: Walmart hiring process

Quote Originally Posted by jondstewart View Post
    Unless anybody is starving and/or one step from being on the streets, I don't know why anybody in their right mind would work for such a tacky place like Walmart! If you shop there to save money, that's one thing. But work there?

If you're a regualr Walmart employee, getting 40 hours of work a week takes an act of God, they pay just above minimum wage, and could care less about their employees. Just like any other All-American corporation

Costco is a much better option. The lowest paid workers are making money in the mid-teens! Their turnover is happy and workers generally happy and productive. Apply there, instead!
    What does that mean?

Happy turnover?

Low turnover, ok, but happy turnover?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I just wanted to make people aware of a veteran option for a job. Didn't want to start a war about where is better to work or what corporation is evil. Everybody has preferences and standards for themselves. I hope that if you all are aware of other veterans options you will feel free to place them in here to give the rest of us ideas that work as benefits from working in the military.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I just wanted to make people aware of a veteran option for a job. Didn't want to start a war about where is better to work or what corporation is evil. Everybody has preferences and standards for themselves. I hope that if you all are aware of other veterans options you will feel free to place them in here to give the rest of us ideas that work as benefits from working in the military.
    And thanks for that SJ.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Combined with most places require taxi drivers to have specific licenses (and those medallions in NY which cost a pretty penny), and you are out driving a heck of a lot, so you're car's wear and tear is going to be higher.
    If you're leasing a cab through a cab company, you don't need the medallion. The medallion is for whoever owns the cab. The purpose of this is to limit the number of cabs on the street in a particular city.

The only time a driver is going to need a medallion is if he or she owns their own cab.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

That is true.. but how many companies lease out taxi's?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    That is true.. but how many companies lease out taxi's?
    With the exception of the independant guys out there with their one taxi that they own with their name on the side of it; they all do.

They key is being able to find one that does 12-hour and six-hour leases. The smaller companies tend to lease by the week, but you don't want to go with one of these companies or owning your own cab unless you're highly experienced - because owning your own cab or driving for a mom & pop company means that you have to rely on personal repeat customers and flaggers; since there's little to no dispatch for you.

You really want to work for the biggest company in the area, that way you have dispatch.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought about buying an older minivan and doing the airport shuttle thing. Since I have base access, and experience with troops I figured I could do that fairly I well. Plus possibly just do Friday nights or Saturday nights. Here on the panhandle between Duke field, hurby and Eglin I think I'd make a killing but then again, like many small businesses I could also get killed. So I pussed out.