Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Walmart hiring process

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: Walmart hiring process

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    I went through their normal hiring process. Seemed quicker than the hire veterans one. I've been with them for 2 months now, not bad just be prepared to dumb yourself down a bit.
    I'll see how it goes and I am very ready to dumb things down a bit, at least for a couple years.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I went through their normal hiring process. Seemed quicker than the hire veterans one. I've been with them for 2 months now, not bad just be prepared to dumb yourself down a bit.
    Guess i will give them another try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Guess i will give them another try.
    So far they aren't a bad compan to work for. They fight tooth and nail to get me my 32 hrs since I only want part time. I take time off to work for an FD and they try to get me to work other shifts to get me my hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unless anybody is starving and/or one step from being on the streets, I don't know why anybody in their right mind would work for such a tacky place like Walmart! If you shop there to save money, that's one thing. But work there?

If you're a regualr Walmart employee, getting 40 hours of work a week takes an act of God, they pay just above minimum wage, and could care less about their employees. Just like any other All-American corporation

Costco is a much better option. The lowest paid workers are making money in the mid-teens! Their turnover is happy and workers generally happy and productive. Apply there, instead!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jondstewart View Post
    Unless anybody is starving and/or one step from being on the streets, I don't know why anybody in their right mind would work for such a tacky place like Walmart! If you shop there to save money, that's one thing. But work there?

If you're a regualr Walmart employee, getting 40 hours of work a week takes an act of God, they pay just above minimum wage, and could care less about their employees. Just like any other All-American corporation

Costco is a much better option. The lowest paid workers are making money in the mid-teens! Their turnover is happy and workers generally happy and productive. Apply there, instead!
    For one, there is no Costco in my area. For two, with my retirement, all I need is minimum wage at part time. For three, different strokes for different folks. Some people don't understand why people would join the military, thinking we get treated like crap. Every job is about weighing the pros and cons. What may not be good for you may be great for someone else.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    For one, there is no Costco in my area. For two, with my retirement, all I need is minimum wage at part time. For three, different strokes for different folks. Some people don't understand why people would join the military, thinking we get treated like crap. Every job is about weighing the pros and cons. What may not be good for you may be great for someone else.
    Imagine that........making your own choices.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jondstewart View Post

The part time folks I work with are getting 40 hrs repeatedly. They need to actually take longer lunches or leave early to make sure they don't go over it. For the work I'm doing 9/hr is fine. My work isn't worth more than that although I have had to provide first aid on two occasions. One cardiac issue and the other was low blood sugar.

9/hr for opening a box and putting the contents on the shelf for 8 hrs isn't bad.

Maybe you just have a complex and think you're worth more. Maybe you are. They shouldn't be paying based off of worth, but based off of the work being performed.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Maybe you just have a complex and think you're worth more. Maybe you are. They shouldn't be paying based off of worth, but based off of the work being performed.
    Conservative machismo; lock, stock, and barrell! Defend your oppressors, justify your oppression; and you come out looking like some noble upstanding citizen and shit!
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Conservative machismo; lock, stock, and barrell! Defend your oppressors, justify your oppression; and you come out looking like some noble upstanding citizen and shit!
    Or it could be the fact that I know I'm doing the same task as a 19 year old that graduated HS this yr. sure I've got 11 yrs active duty, been on multiple deployments in actual combat, been in leadership positions in combat, but I applied for a overnight stocker position. I'm getting what I deserve. If I want better pay I better be willing to make the sacrifices in order to do that.

My military job skills don't exactly translate to retail management. However, my primary job does have skills that have been able to cross over such as leadership under life and death situations. Equipement management and upkeep.

Or I could go literal bitch ass mantra and say give me more than I deserve because ill cry until I get it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Or it could be the fact that I know I'm doing the same task as a 19 year old that graduated HS this yr. sure I've got 11 yrs active duty, been on multiple deployments in actual combat, been in leadership positions in combat, but I applied for a overnight stocker position. I'm getting what I deserve. If I want better pay I better be willing to make the sacrifices in order to do that.

My military job skills don't exactly translate to retail management. However, my primary job does have skills that have been able to cross over such as leadership under life and death situations. Equipement management and upkeep.

Or I could go literal bitch ass mantra and say give me more than I deserve because ill cry until I get it.
    Meanwhile, some of those same 19 year are olds over at Costco and BJ's, and getting paid almost twice what you are to do the same thing.

But... you've gotta grin and bear it. Don't say anything. Take it in the ass like a man!
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males