Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: Did I Miss Something?

  1. #1
    Senior Member BOSS302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Highlands
    Posts
    801
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Did I Miss Something?

    Why is RobotChicken banned?

  2. #2
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Did I Miss Something?

    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    Why is RobotChicken banned?
    Because that's what the mods do now. They're in the process of trying to make examples of people, I'm guessing. What's probably more true is that they have been on here for a long time with other screen names and are getting rid of anyone who annoyed them during that time, or anyone who they deem too controversial. Look at the list...PYB, Joe, Tak, RobotChicken. It's almost as if they've made a list of those who posted a lot, then started checking them off one by one.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Coast
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I Miss Something?

    He was Robotspambot there for awhile plus right before he got banned he was necromancing the hell out of Threads. Mostly those of people who went to banned camp.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    699
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I Miss Something?

    robot:spam:bot....it's funny cuz it's true! :laughin3: ldnews:

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    851
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Did I Miss Something?

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    They're in the process of trying to make examples of people, I'm guessing.
    Kinda hard to make an example out of someone when you don't explain what the example is all about.

  6. #6
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Did I Miss Something?

    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    Kinda hard to make an example out of someone when you don't explain what the example is all about.
    Exactly...

  7. #7
    Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    MTF - HQ
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I Miss Something?

    Something to remember.... There are three sides to every story. In many cases of people who are banned you are only hearing their side of the story. Many were given chances through PM to correct the behavior. When they continue is when the ban happens and most know EXACTLY why they were given a ban. Just because they come in here acting like they weren't given warning doesn't mean it didn't happen.


    I am not saying this is how it works EVERY time. But for the most part this is how we try to work it. It is not my place to explain why RC was banned. But he knows exactly why.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,669
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Re: Did I Miss Something?

    I thought I read that he was banned for helping Tak circumvent the ban.

    I'm not sure what that means but it was an explanation given by FA in one of the 20 or so threads about Tak and/or how mean the news mods are.

    On a separate note, I'm thinking about starting a rumor about one of the mods pushing a basket full of puppies over Niagara Falls.

  9. #9
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Did I Miss Something?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexCross View Post
    Something to remember.... There are three sides to every story. In many cases of people who are banned you are only hearing their side of the story. Many were given chances through PM to correct the behavior. When they continue is when the ban happens and most know EXACTLY why they were given a ban. Just because they come in here acting like they weren't given warning doesn't mean it didn't happen.


    I am not saying this is how it works EVERY time. But for the most part this is how we try to work it. It is not my place to explain why RC was banned. But he knows exactly why.
    The word I heard was that he received one message only, then was banned. Not sure how true it is, but that's the side I was told.

  10. #10
    Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    MTF - HQ
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Did I Miss Something?

    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I thought I read that he was banned for helping Tak circumvent the ban.

    I'm not sure what that means but it was an explanation given by FA in one of the 20 or so threads about Tak and/or how mean the news mods are.

    On a separate note, I'm thinking about starting a rumor about one of the mods pushing a basket full of puppies over Niagara Falls.

    Aww... Not puppies.. I like puppies. Can't we make it something useless?

Similar Threads

  1. Retirement advice.....GO.
    By Shaken1976 in forum Air Force
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-10-2015, 02:25 PM
  2. Did I Miss Something?
    By BOSS302 in forum Off Duty
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •