Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Did I Miss Something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Did I Miss Something?

The point still stands that you aren't whining about others that have gotten permabans. Just the people you "liked"...though in your case, SJ, you liked watched the sideshow they created.

All this high-minded BS about freedom of speech, permanent bans, censorship, heavy-handedness, etc. is just that, BS. You all just don't like that the people you "liked" got hammered along with all the others.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post
    The point still stands that you aren't whining about others that have gotten permabans. Just the people you "liked"...though in your case, SJ, you liked watched the sideshow they created.

All this high-minded BS about freedom of speech, permanent bans, censorship, heavy-handedness, etc. is just that, BS. You all just don't like that the people you "liked" got hammered along with all the others.
    I read SJ's comments as not being in favor of the creation and/or implementation of the current 'moderation' process. I agree with him on those points and I don't think anyone would accuse me of being 'friends' with most of the people banned. Am I whining too?

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Well DUH....once you ban them, the only side we can hear is yours....
    You have to appreciate his logic there!

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RS6405 View Post
    You have to appreciate his logic there!
    Except we all know many communicate offline. It really doesn't matter. I am just saying that the bannings aren't arbitrary. Actually the only person I banned was a spammer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

key word: most

so, yes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

When I've advocated for THE Bans to be lifted. I only mention 3 members, but I grouped them all together. No one can say I'm a friend of PYB, and I would expect him to be included.

You maynot like it, but it's my opinion. The MTF was not created for only a select few, but for anyone that falls into the group. I'm not saying no bans but timed bans that increases as needed from days to weeks to months and even a year if there is a need. If a member is banned so often that it becomes a year, then that member night learn his or her lesson.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post
    key word: most

so, yes.
    Actually that isn't the key word. It was a desparate attempt to bolster an illogical position. You can agree with the moderation........that's fine. It is specious to dismiss SJ's comments because he doesn't mention each and every banned member in his posts.

Edit: I assumed you were responding to my post. Wasn't immediately certain.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Actually that isn't the key word. It was a desparate attempt to bolster an illogical position.
    Did you mean disparate. Or maybe desperate? Either way, I agree, your position is illogical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From my perspective... It wasn't the Mods, it was the new FA. I personally saw Tak/GF and RC go off the rails and they KNEW and SAID that what they were doing was going to lead to them being banned and kept doing it until they were sent off to banned camp permanently. Most of the evidence was removed because...well, it wasn't supposed to have been posted in the first place. Joe? Meh... I think he was the most valuable contributor of all those banned. I am not sure what Joe or PYB did to get perma-banned. Not a huge fan of the perma ban anyway. I would say a month would be enough to let 'em cool their heels.

As to the Mods....some of them have lost their fucking minds. Editing posts, deleting posts, closing threads...just cause they get a little butt-hurt. Get over yourselves.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RS6405 View Post
    When I've advocated for THE Bans to be lifted. I only mention 3 members, but I grouped them all together. No one can say I'm a friend of PYB, and I would expect him to be included.

You maynot like it, but it's my opinion. The MTF was not created for only a select few, but for anyone that falls into the group. I'm not saying no bans but timed bans that increases as needed from days to weeks to months and even a year if there is a need. If a member is banned so often that it becomes a year, then that member night learn his or her lesson.
    Even if I accept your logic, the members mentioned repeatedly haven't even been banned for more than a few weeks. Except JoeB, but given his admitted shenanigans with alt accounts, how would you justify letting him back? Further, the 'let them back' crap started like the day it happened. So it's not like it's been 6 months and they might have "learned a lesson."