Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did I Miss Something?

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Did I Miss Something?

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    The word I heard was that he received one message only, then was banned. Not sure how true it is, but that's the side I was told.
    He received a message and ignored it. If they continue the behavior after a message asking them to stop a behavior...our actions have to get tougher. Think of it like verbal counseling, LOC, LOR, and Art 15. He got the verbal counseling, he received lighter bans, and still continued his behavior. There are several people here who have worked to get Tak back in much better ways.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

What's the deal with that Veritas guy?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCross View Post
    He received a message and ignored it. If they continue the behavior after a message asking them to stop a behavior...our actions have to get tougher. Think of it like verbal counseling, LOC, LOR, and Art 15. He got the verbal counseling, he received lighter bans, and still continued his behavior. There are several people here who have worked to get Tak back in much better ways.
    I'm not working to get him back. I'm just telling you the story I heard. One warning (verbal counseling), then the boot. But thanks for explaining to me how the process works in the AF.

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not working to get him back. I'm just telling you the story I heard. One warning (verbal counseling), then the boot. But thanks for explaining to me how the process works in the AF.
    I understand that there are different versions of the story out there...just wanted to put out the reminder that there are at least two sides to the story. Those getting banned or whatever are not going to admit fault.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I understand that there are different versions of the story out there...just wanted to put out the reminder that there are at least two sides to the story. Those getting banned or whatever are not going to admit fault.
    Yes Sir. Thank you Sir.

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Sir. Thank you Sir.
    LOL. Not that serious.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Because that's what the mods do now. They're in the process of trying to make examples of people, I'm guessing. What's probably more true is that they have been on here for a long time with other screen names and are getting rid of anyone who annoyed them during that time, or anyone who they deem too controversial. Look at the list...PYB, Joe, Tak, RobotChicken. It's almost as if they've made a list of those who posted a lot, then started checking them off one by one.
    I think PYB, JoeB, and Tak/GF all were banned before Moderators started.

I think RobotChicken and Creaminess are the only ones that have been banned since Moderators came into play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you forgot Jerry "Stolen Valor" Connors. But no one probably cares about him. After all, he wasn't "friends" with anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Something to remember.... There are three sides to every story. In many cases of people who are banned you are only hearing their side of the story. Many were given chances through PM to correct the behavior. When they continue is when the ban happens and most know EXACTLY why they were given a ban. Just because they come in here acting like they weren't given warning doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I am not saying this is how it works EVERY time. But for the most part this is how we try to work it. It is not my place to explain why RC was banned. But he knows exactly why.
    Well DUH....once you ban them, the only side we can hear is yours....
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Well DUH....once you ban them, the only side we can hear is yours....
    Not necessarily. Some are friends in other forums or in real life.