Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To Protect and Defend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: To Protect and Defend

I'm currently a member of 5 message boards, the longest I've been a member dates back to 2006 and never received an infraction in any. This is simple folks, follow the guidelines set up by the the particular board and you are good, you don't and you will be shown the door. I don't understand why that is so difficult to understand for some folks.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RFScott View Post
    Well I know GF seemed to go out in a blaze of glory on his last day, a few of those posts being blatantly against the TOS. Joe Bonham was well....Joe, and he continued to make posts that were either offensive (as judged by the mods) or against the TOS, after being repeatedly warned. Warnings were also issued about alt accounts too, so that may account for some of the attrition in posters.

Again, I do not know the circumstances around RC's banishment. It seemed like he was necro-posting awhile back, but that is really the only thing I can think of. As far as I know, no one has asked about what happened to him either.
    I can say through the magic of a PM it is fairly complex. However i do see this as a self-inflicted wound created by a desire to "fix" things. RC, if my SA is accurate, was quite vocal about the current environment. I am making it a point to toe the line carefully without crossing it, to make it as difficult as possible to apply the same judgment on an individual without being blatant in the pursuit.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I'm not trying to be contrary with you but I haven't noticed anything I consider unjust.

Admittedly, I'm no fan of Tak & RC but as far as the Mods wielding an indiscriminate sledge hammer as you put it; I just don't see it.
    I've literally had an individual who took on an alias, who the mods suspected to be "Tak" and actually wasn't, not only get banned, but had their "Quotes" (which by the way were nothing resembling "trollish") removed from my own posts. Having people banned is not new, erasing any proof of their ever existing is definitely new, and not a thing which I would personally endorse. If it was an old Smarg "God hates gays" statement I might think otherwise, but the direction I see this heading is nothing positive.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AJBIGJ View Post
    I can say through the magic of a PM it is fairly complex. However i do see this as a self-inflicted wound created by a desire to "fix" things. RC, if my SA is accurate, was quite vocal about the current environment. I am making it a point to toe the line carefully without crossing it, to make it as difficult as possible to apply the same judgment on an individual without being blatant in the pursuit.
    But who's crossing who's line? Is not the responsibility of the FA to make sure that members abide by the rules. The FA is there to step in when someone doesn't. The responsibility of the member is to follow the rules of the board, thats the line, at least the way I see it. I choose not to cross the line and my reward for it is to be allowed to post here. If I cross the line set up by the FA then my reward is not being allowed to post.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're referring to the Drake/Tak/JB incident. Really, one guy, that's done by his own admission nothing but cause trouble for the last two months? That's what has you all riled up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    But who's crossing who's line? Is not the responsibility of the FA to make sure that members abide by the rules. The FA is there to step in when someone doesn't. The responsibility of the member is to follow the rules of the board, thats the line, at least the way I see it. I choose not to cross the line and my reward for it is to be allowed to post here. If I cross the line set up by the FA then my reward is not being allowed to post.
    Again, I am no opponent of the ban-hammer applied judiciously, but the ban-sledge, where entire conversations, mostly nothing near in violation of the TOS are erased, that creates a big problem for me. Oh by the way, historically, this individual would be in fairly close agreement with your posts here, and were often in direct opposition to mine.

James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it was one guy it would be no big deal, in fact it was at least two, maybe more, it is the trend itself that is disturbing.

James Madison

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AJBIGJ View Post
    I think I get the gist of your beef now that you mention the PM network.

Sorry AJBIGJ, I can't support your claim in the OP.

I'm respectfully bowing out of this thread.

I do hope you can reconcile your differences with the mod squad because I do enjoy your posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I think I get the gist of your beef now that you mention the PM network.

Sorry AJBIGJ, I can't support your claim in the OP.

I'm respectfully bowing out of this thread.

I do hope you can reconcile your differences with the mod squad because I do enjoy your posts.
    As I've mentioned to someone in one of those PMs history will be the ultimate judge, as in whether or not I have been doing the right thing. We will both know soon enough on that end, if you see more from me in the future, history will have looked favorably on me.

James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What trend? One or two people using, by my count, 8-10 accounts to be disruptive and repeatedly violate the rules get banned and their posts deleted. That's what I call effect moderation, not censorship.