Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To Protect and Defend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: To Protect and Defend

Quote Originally Posted by AJBIGJ View Post
    looks like a few people now, the mere mentioning of there Userid's is apparently ban-worthy these days.
    I'm with AA on this one. Can we stop with all the cryptic messages and cite some specific examples please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RFScott View Post
    I'm with AA on this one. Can we stop with all the cryptic messages and cite some specific examples please?
    You've been a MTF member since about a year ago, have you noticed that any fairly consistent posters are suddenly no longer contributing to the MTF's over the last, say half year? Maybe because they are no longer allowed to? Not to mention that all evidence that they ever existed has been completely erased?
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RS6405 View Post
    Does the who matter as to the censorship?
    Yes, because perhaps they deserved it.

The OP in this particular thread was a very strong and dramatic declaration; however, it was also very ambiguous.

If you aren't willing to say who you are sticking up for, then in my opinion you are being extremely silly.

Trust me, I know a lot about being silly, just go read some of my old posts because I do it all the time on purpose, usually as an attempt at humor.

Why you and AJBIGJ are being silly in this particular thread escapes me.

How do you expect to gain anyone's support by being so illusive?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You've been a MTF member since about a year ago, have you noticed that any fairly consistent posters are suddenly no longer contributing to the MTF's over the last, say half year? Maybe because they are no longer allowed to? Not to mention that all evidence that they ever existed has been completely erased?
    I have noticed a few people who have been banned, and the ones that I do know of earned those bans by violating the TOS and/or ignoring the warnings of the mods. I have also seen no evidence that all traces of their existence has been erased, as conducting a simple forum search will reveal some of their old threads and posts (although in the case of Joe Bonham you would have to search for "banned.")

I did just notice that RC was banned recently, and I must confess that I do not know the circumstances surrounding that event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RFScott View Post
    I have noticed a few people who have been banned, and the ones that I do know of earned those bans by violating the TOS and/or ignoring the warnings of the mods. I have also seen no evidence that all traces of their existence has been erased, as conducting a simple forum search will reveal some of their old threads and posts (although in the case of Joe Bonham you would have to search for "banned.")

I did just notice that RC was banned recently, and I must confess that I do not know the circumstances surrounding that event.
    I will state the connections you've made are non-accidental, and non-coincidental. Does it not bother you that people seem to be disappearing this quickly, and occasionally for no apparent reason we can discern, maybe other than they disturb the status quo?
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To be fair, Tak/GF deleted his own posts. A couple others followed suit.

The consistent posters over the last year, were the same half dozen people that pitched a hissy fit when FA showed up in March and either left or got banned. As to the "ban train", from what I can see, it's the same 3 or 4 people getting banned time after time as they create alternate accounts with the sole intention of creating havoc. Plus the "one offs" like creaminess that showed up after 3 years just to be unbelievably offensive and vulgar.

The vocal people that don't like the moderation and can remain civil are still here, you, RS, TJ, Rusty, and a couple others. And as far as I can tell, aren't facing any push back for being vocal.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I will state the connections you've made are non-accidental, and non-coincidental. Does it not bother you that people seem to be disappearing this quickly, and occasionally for no apparent reason we can discern, maybe other than they disturb the status quo?
    So it is a Tak and RC thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I know GF seemed to go out in a blaze of glory on his last day, a few of those posts being blatantly against the TOS. Joe Bonham was well....Joe, and he continued to make posts that were either offensive (as judged by the mods) or against the TOS, after being repeatedly warned. Warnings were also issued about alt accounts too, so that may account for some of the attrition in posters.

Again, I do not know the circumstances around RC's banishment. It seemed like he was necro-posting awhile back, but that is really the only thing I can think of. As far as I know, no one has asked about what happened to him either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    So it is a Tak and RC thing?
    Yes and more, unfortunately with the possibility of "aliases" also being a consideration, it's a challenge to determine who is worth mentioning, and who would be redundant. Anyway, I don't mind the ban-hammer, this new ban-sledge that seems to have been introduced recently, it definitely makes a fellow wonder.

James Madison

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes and more, unfortunately with the possibility of "aliases" also being a consideration, it's a challenge to determine who is worth mentioning, and who would be redundant. Anyway, I don't mind the ban-hammer, this new ban-sledge that seems to have been introduced recently, it definitely makes a fellow wonder.
    I'm not trying to be contrary with you but I haven't noticed anything I consider unjust.

Admittedly, I'm no fan of Tak & RC but as far as the Mods wielding an indiscriminate sledge hammer as you put it; I just don't see it.