Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Destroyer CMC Sacked After Grabbing Sailor By Uniform

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Destroyer CMC Sacked After Grabbing Sailor By Uniform

Quote Originally Posted by Stalwart View Post
    As I read it and have asked around, it was handled ‘in house’ at Captain's Mast; part of the adjudication of the Mast was the Captain did not want this Master Chief as his CMC.

The Navy (different from the other services) has a policy of publically announcing the relief of CO's, XO's and Senior Enlisted; they even make a point of sending notices to Congress via the Senate & House liaisons.
    I understand your point of view. However, I still stand by my opinion. And yes, you are right. It is a different Navy than the one I served in.

B. M. BURAWSKI
    Chief Yeoman, U.S. Navy (Ret.)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BURAWSKI View Post
    I understand your point of view. However, I still stand by my opinion. And yes, you are right. It is a different Navy than the one I served in.
    And I do understand yours as well, but if the CO decided he wanted him gone (which is the prerogative of a CO) though, there is really no way to quietly do that.

I completely agree that the military has changed from when you joined just as the Marines has changed from when I joined in 1990 or some of the changes in the Navy since 2003 when I transferred. Some things get better, some things I would like to see not change, but it is what it is.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    The article does not give full details of what happened, to be sure.

You are giving the benefit of doubt the Master Chief.

I'm giving it to the accuser and the commander. I don't believe he would have been removed from his position for merely touching a uniform to point out a discrepancy, that is silly.

I guess I'm picturing him grabbing this guy by the front of the shirt and getting in his face. I could be wrong...but have enough faith in the commanding officer that the guy wasn't fired for something silly.
    That's the problem with these articles -- it never gives a complete picture of what transpired but is reported as it has. Hard to give the benefit of the doubt to either the CMC or the Commander and the accuser. It's probably better not to report anything at all rather than publish half-truths which either give a distorted or wrong picture of the actual truth. My comments were based on the facts as they were reported in the article. Unfortunately this situation can't be judged at face value since a lot of details are left out.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I really can't say that we do not have enough information to judge whether or not he was in the wrong. The one part we do know, is that this CMDCM grabbed a junior Sailor by the uniform.

I cannot think of one situational context in which this is acceptable. Not one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I really can't say that we do not have enough information to judge whether or not he was in the wrong. The one part we do know, is that this CMDCM grabbed a junior Sailor by the uniform.

According to some, if he wasn't cleanshaven, his supervision could have and should have forcibly shaved him....
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post

One scenario I can think of is if the CMC pointed out the discrepancy to the Sailor and ignores the CMC and walks away from him without acknowledging him. Hey, mistakes happen but crucifying people for them is a fact of life in the zero tolerance Navy. Of course I don't know if this scenario was what happened but it is a possibility. Too bad the article doesn't give more information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BURAWSKI View Post
    One scenario I can think of is if the CMC pointed out the discrepancy to the Sailor and ignores the CMC and walks away from him without acknowledging him. Hey, mistakes happen but crucifying people for them is a fact of life in the zero tolerance Navy. Of course I don't know if this scenario was what happened but it is a possibility. Too bad the article doesn't give more information.
    So in that senario, you would say the CMDCM would be justified in grabbing the sailor by his uniform?
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, back in the day, they used to just tie up anyone that looked or acted badly. Also they did that when King Neptune was mad at them. Then they would keelhaul the dude. Do you know how much I have spent on barnacle ripped clothing? You kids just don't know how good you have it nowadays!

Furthermore, when we... Ouch! Them hypos for thorazine injections haven't improved, though! I have to go now. I am getting very sleeeeepy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DocBones View Post
    Well, back in the day, they used to just tie up anyone that looked or acted badly. Also they did that when King Neptune was mad at them. Then they would keelhaul the dude. Do you know how much I have spent on barnacle ripped clothing? You kids just don't know how good you have it nowadays!

Furthermore, when we... Ouch! Them hypos for thorazine injections haven't improved, though! I have to go now. I am getting very sleeeeepy...
    Really? Cause according to the USN, they have never keelhauled anyone....

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

According to the Marines, no one was ever beat down in bootcamp. Hmmm, I was there as a DI and I must say that no one was ever beaten. However, a lot of 'uniform adjustments were made.

Lighten up, friend! Almost all of my posts are badly formatted by my brain posts!