Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proxies Banned?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Proxies Banned?

I'm now getting a red pop up stating that access through proxy seviers will be blocked for security reasons. Since I'm in the middle of a PCS, I'm guessing this is due to me logging in through lodgings wireless server. Soooo...I guess I won't be able to post again once it kicks me out until I move and get my Internet set up. Kind of stinks for those of us on the move...
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Proxies Banned?

I am getting the pop-up as well. Does this mean I cannot access the forum if I am using a wireless router in my home? If so, I have a feeling MTF will lose a lot of people. I am hoping a MOD can confirm what is happening.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am thinking proxy websites. Like when back in the day you could get on one and still surf anything you wanted on a government computer. Even with wireless stuff our IP's stay the same.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I hope you're right, Vrake. Perhaps the pop-up should be re-worded:

"YOU are using a proxy. You have 24 hours to cease using a proxy or access to MTF will be denied."

If this was displayed only to the offending parties, I would have no concerns.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Administrator
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The hacker group Anonymous has released a statement listing MilitaryTimes, among others, as targets for attack.
    We are taking precautionary measures to ensure our sites and forums are insulated from any hacking activity.

For those of you on proxies, we can see the difference between a LAN and a nefarious proxy.
    - ForumAdmin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
    The hacker group Anonymous has released a statement listing MilitaryTimes, among others, as targets for attack.
    We are taking precautionary measures to ensure our sites and forums are insulated from any hacking activity.

For those of you on proxies, we can see the difference between a LAN and a nefarious proxy.
    What the heck is Anonymous attacking MTF for? The Manning thing? Like we have anything to do with that....
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne View Post

Good luck trying to beat those guys. And quite a few of us overseas use IP hiders. Hope this isn't a permanent thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Ok, I am using my iPad on my couch with access to my COX account via my wireless router. I have no idea why I am getting this proxy message and I am clueless how to fix it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:spy "Hmmmmmm!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    Ok, I am using my iPad on my couch with access to my COX account via my wireless router. I have no idea why I am getting this proxy message and I am clueless how to fix it.
    Yeah, that was the basis of my post as well. Is the message displayed to all users or only those users that will be blocked?
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke