Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Proxies Banned?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Proxies Banned?

Thanks for the explanations! First, I had no idea that the Netherlands was a hotbed of proxy(ism) that hackers use to be anonymous. I thought the Nigerians, Russians and Chinese had this angle all sewn up! Second, at this point in life I am on tech/gadget overload and only learn what I need to and ignore all the rest. I can't even figure out Twitter, not that I want to. Finally, I WANT A PROXY! Then no one can see what stuff I look at on the internet, like animal rescue sites, mail order clothing companies, fabric stores, Americana music sites and, oh, never mind...Even I think I'm boring!
    Lisa Burke

Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
    Sir Winston Churchill, Hansard, November 11, 1947

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Moderated Debates?

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    The following is displaying on my machine.

"For security reasons, access to MTF through proxies will be blocked. Please disable this or change browsers."

Not doing either one so bye bye MTF.

Always,
    Wildman
    :spy I'm with YOU. RRC out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the message too, and I'm on a modem. I know, Michigan can be backwards.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    The following is displaying on my machine.

"For security reasons, access to MTF through proxies will be blocked. Please disable this or change browsers."

Not doing either one so bye bye MTF.

Always,
    Wildman
    Why? What's the big deal?
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Isn't Pirate Bay in Sweden? They are way more relaxed on proxies and torrents then here. (Not that I would know)

I am thinking if there is a DNS attack, as long as your IP does not fall in the range of someone trying one it will be business as norm. Maybe slow the site some but it's not as if we are streaming video here or anything.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I didn't mean to scare everybody or induce mass panic: If you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

Many of you actually already are on proxies, but we can tell how you are using them. Most are in-home wifi, routers, and such.
    We have some members using mobile and tablet devices, both 3G/4G and WiFi. Some members are deployed and using proxies.

And BombSquadron - We can still see you. Get off that website, it'll make you go blind. JK. :spy

As for Wildman and RC... ???
    - ForumAdmin

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    Why? What's the big deal?
    Shhh!

I'd rather have them thinking that they are about to be rounded up and put into FEMA concentration camps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
    I didn't mean to scare everybody or induce mass panic: If you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

Many of you actually already are on proxies, but we can tell how you are using them. Most are in-home wifi, routers, and such.
    We have some members using mobile and tablet devices, both 3G/4G and WiFi. Some members are deployed and using proxies.

And BombSquadron - We can still see you. Get off that website, it'll make you go blind. JK. :spy

As for Wildman and RC... ???
    PANIC!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RS6405 View Post
    Does that mean everyone will be banned?
    :laughing:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I try and take security matters seriously. I use a desk top computer and use high speed internet through an ISP. I use Firefox as my WEB browser and have no desire to change from it to any other one.

Always,
    Wildman
    The price of freedom is not free.