Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Photographer forced to photograph Gay Marriage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Photographer forced to photograph Gay Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by John Drake View Post
    Well first off I will certainly say you are very good about giving in-depth answers.
    Unfortunately long, in-depth answers also sometimes have a long cooldown period involved while collecting ones thoughts, doing real, productive work for society, and occasionally bedtime as well, so I apologize at delays.

In the interest of time I'll keep it short. Sometimes doing nothing is preferable to taking hasty action to make changes without considering all of the consequences. That's true for both very little decisions and very big ones. We have this inherent emotional need to control everything going on around us without considering the fact that some things are due to happen anyways. Sometimes it is preferable to let society change on its own (it always does, infallibly, often despite governmental intervention). So yes, sometimes doing nothing is a very viable option.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    To piss him off.
    Or to rub it in their nose that they can do this, force them to take their pictures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Exactly.. Society already allows discrimination to go on, but seems to only say it's ok when its against the "Normally majority groups" Such as the ladies nights (never anywhere that does a mens night) or all those fitness centers that are "Women only" (even to the point some won't HIRE men).
    You are of course aware that there are more men than women right?
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings