Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hassan the Terrorist is CONVICTED

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hassan the Terrorist is CONVICTED

Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    I mean, what's the big deal, right? He's convicted and facing the death penalty. Why are we going to bother with such trivial like shaving regulations?
    Now? Because they can. A convicted felon by definition gives up some civil rights. A convicted military felon gives up even more. Someone on trial but not convicted gives up some civil rights (the whole freedom of movement thing) but not nearly as many as someone that has been convicted.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Now? Because they can. A convicted felon by definition gives up some civil rights. A convicted military felon gives up even more.
    So being "assaulted" as you put it is one of those? Pretty sure prisoner abuse is still against the law. So, if I'm hearing you correctly, military regulations? No big deal. In fact, we'll remove a Colonel from their position from trying to enforce them.

Prison regs? Definitely. We need to make sure a guy on death row is clean shaven!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    You are arguing that there should be no difference between the rights and management of a presumed innocent Major in the USAF...and a federal inmate convicted of mass murder.

I disagree.
    The fact that he's presumed innocent is completely irrelevant to being within regs in a military courtroom. Even if it was someone in attendance in the courtroom, I would hope someone would say something to the person if they showed up with earrings in their ear. You are trying to connect his criminal charge to a military member being in regs when they have nothing to do with each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The fact that he's presumed innocent is completely irrelevant to being within regs in a military courtroom. Even if it was someone in attendance in the courtroom, I would hope someone would say something to the person if they showed up with earrings in their ear. You are trying to connect his criminal charge to a military member being in regs when they have nothing to do with each other.
    And therein is the difference. He was TOLD to shave. He didn't. Per your post, they did what they should have. I guess you also think they shouldn't have forced him to shave at Leavenworth then? Should have just told him to shave?
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And therein is the difference. He was TOLD to shave. He didn't. Per your post, they did what they should have. I guess you also think they shouldn't have forced him to shave at Leavenworth then? Should have just told him to shave?
    Apparently, since you classified it as assault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sort of what one can expect form pullinteeth. I need say no more.

Always,
    Wildman
    The price of freedom is not free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    Sort of what one can expect form pullinteeth. I need say no more.

Always,
    Wildman
    Facts? As opposed to the lies and wild conjecture you spew forth? I will take that as a compliment.

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Apparently, since you classified it as assault.
    Yep and if you handcuffed someone off the street and kept them confined for a long period of time then gave them a lethal injection of drugs, you would be charged with kidnapping and murder yet that doesn't happen with someone convicted of capitol murder.....

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep and if you handcuffed someone off the street and kept them confined for a long period of time then gave them a lethal injection of drugs, you would be charged with kidnapping and murder yet that doesn't happen with someone convicted of capitol murder.....
    OK then, before the trial he was in pre-trial confinement. Are you seriously telling me that all they could do is ASK him to do things and if he said no, he could just do what he wanted? After all, he was still an innocent man, right?

Come on dude.

And BTW, if someone other than the people authorized to perform the lethal injection at the prescribed place and time killed a person on death row, that person would be charged with murder. Terrible example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK then, before the trial he was in pre-trial confinement. Are you seriously telling me that all they could do is ASK him to do things and if he said no, he could just do what he wanted? After all, he was still an innocent man, right?

Come on dude.

And BTW, if someone other than the people authorized to perform the lethal injection at the prescribed place and time killed a person on death row, that person would be charged with murder. Terrible example.
    Absolutely. There are SOME things that you cannot be forced to do when in pre-trial confinement that you can be forced to do once you are convicted.

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings