Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moderation Nation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Moderation Nation.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6405 View Post
    What is going on with Echo's Education?

I was looking for information, but all the threads have gone. I PM'd a mod a week ago asking about that section, yet, no response.

I just tried to post my question about it there; of course it did not show up. So now I am asking here. What gives?
    I am not sure what is wrong with the PM system right now; I would not assume if you send a PM it actually went through. Does the outgoing message show up in your SENT ITEMS?

EDIT: there are some still ongoing issues with the forums. I don't know if Echo Education was deleted purposely or not. I will try to find out.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BISSBOSS View Post
    I have been attempting to get an answer on the following question:

Why are selected posts in the "More Nuc Enterprise Shenanigans" thread being deleted for the reason "tak referencing is not allowed"?

I have found no references to the mere mentioning of his name being grounds for a post being deleted. Additionally, if that is the policy, I would ask that it be clearly stated to all members, explained and applied evenly as there is at least one other post in the thread that would appear to have violated that policy yet was not deleted.

Thanks in advance for the clarification...

-BB-
    Referencing banned members is not necessarily prohibited. Current users posting messages from, links from or using their account as a vis a vis sounding board for a banned member is not allowed, as that in essence is using a user account as a intermediary for a banned member to still post. Such posts may be edited or deleted.

Think of it like this: You are talking to your wife and the name of a girlfriend/boyfriend from High School comes up, it is okay to mention that "Christy P" was your date to the prom" but sharing messages from her with your family would get you into you very own banned camp.

Questions or concerns should be addressed in the Questions Forum or via PM to a Moderator or the System Administrator, however it doesn't look like the PM system is working too well right now.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Referencing banned members not necessarily prohibited, but current users posting messages from, links from or using their account as a vis a vis sounding board for a banned member is not allowed, as that in essence is using a user account as a intermediary for a banned member to still post. Such posts may be edited or deleted.

Think of it like this: You are talking to your wife and the name of a girlfriend/boyfriend from High School comes up, it is okay to mention that "Christy P" was your date to the prom" but sharing messages from her with your family would get you into you very own banned camp.

Questions or concerns should be addressed in the Questions Forum or via PM to a Moderator or the System Administrator, however it doesn't look like the PM system is working too well right now.
    Don't quite understand your prom date reference but oh well...

So, to clarify, I can use quotes from criminals, terrorist organizations, leaders of oppressed nations, etc, but I can't reference a post made by someone who was banned?

How is it different to say "I was talking to Tak and he said this..." than to say "My wife, who is not registered on the site and has not been approved to post, said this..."?

Is it ok if I don't use quotes, or don't say "Tak said..." and just post as if it was my thought? If I do post something, can you infer that it was relating a Tak thought?

Please clarify as I no longer want to suffer the harsh and humiliating wrath of banned camp. I also wouldn't want to undermine a Mod as I have a deep and newfound respect for who you are and what you do. I'm all about the rules...all about law and order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Don't quite understand your prom date reference but oh well...

So, to clarify, I can use quotes from criminals, terrorist organizations, leaders of oppressed nations, etc, but I can't reference a post made by someone who was banned?
    Would depend, it is hate speech, then no. That is a violation of the Community Guidelines.

How is it different to say "I was talking to Tak and he said this..." than to say "My wife, who is not registered on the site and has not been approved to post, said this..."?
    Your wife hasn't been banned from this site.

Is it ok if I don't use quotes, or don't say "Tak said..." and just post as if it was my thought? If I do post something, can you infer that it was relating a Tak thought?
    If you presented it as your own thought or link, the mods would never know.

Please clarify as I no longer want to suffer the harsh and humiliating wrath of banned camp. I also wouldn't want to undermine a Mod as I have a deep and newfound respect for who you are and what you do. I'm all about the rules...all about law and order.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence and support. Since you are a retired TSgt, I would guess you are not as naive as you are acting so I will just say follow the guidelines.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Would depend, it is hate speech, then no. That is a violation of the Community Guidelines.

Your wife hasn't been banned from this site.

If you presented it as your own thought or link, the mods would never know.

Thanks for the vote of confidence and support. Since you are a retired TSgt, I would guess you are not as naive as you are acting so I will just say follow the guidelines.
    Not sure what rank you were/are, but you should know to never assume. I may be just as naive as I'm acting. Then you'd feel silly.

So it be inappropriate for me to say something like "I have XX (banned member) on my Facebook and he/she posted several links to the site of members like Corroded Johnson and Anise Flavored Spirit Short Story repeatedly violating the terms of the forum and not being banned" but ok for me to just say "Why do members like Corroded Johnson and Anise Flavored Spirit Short Story repeatedly violate the terms of the forum and get away with it"?

Please clarify that hypothetical example 1 is wrong but hypothetical example 2 is ok.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Just sent a PM in response to one I recieved. With the system as messed up as it's been, just wanted to let the person know in case you didn't recieve it.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Not sure what rank you were/are, but you should know to never assume. I may be just as naive as I'm acting. Then you'd feel silly.

So it be inappropriate for me to say something like "I have XX (banned member) on my Facebook and he/she posted several links to the site of members like Corroded Johnson and Anise Flavored Spirit Short Story repeatedly violating the terms of the forum and not being banned" but ok for me to just say "Why do members like Corroded Johnson and Anise Flavored Spirit Short Story repeatedly violate the terms of the forum and get away with it"?

Please clarify that hypothetical example 1 is wrong but hypothetical example 2 is ok.
    Corroded Johnson and Anise Flavored Spirit Short Story sound like very lovable and interesting posters to me.

I am so inspired at this very moment, I feel like bursting into song, cue the music!

Oompa loompa doompety doo
    I've got a perfect puzzle for you
    Oompa loompa doompety dee
    If you are wise you'll listen to me

What do you get when you are sour and complain
    Cold and dark like the falling rain
    Why must you question every single rule
    Ignoring common sense like a rusty old tool
    What do you think will become of you
    I don't like the look of it

Oompa loompa doompety da
    If you're not whiny, you will go far
    You will live in happiness too
    Like the Oompa Loompa Doompety do

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Corroded Johnson and Anise Flavored Spirit Short Story sound like very lovable and interesting posters to me.

I am so inspired at this very moment, I feel like bursting into song, cue the music!

Oompa loompa doompety doo
    I've got a perfect puzzle for you
    Oompa loompa doompety dee
    If you are wise you'll listen to me

What do you get when you are sour and complain
    Cold and dark like the falling rain
    Why must you question every single rule
    Ignoring common sense like a rusty old tool
    What do you think will become of you
    I don't like the look of it

Oompa loompa doompety da
    If you're not whiny, you will go far
    You will live in happiness too
    Like the Oompa Loompa Doompety do
    This seems disruptive.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Referencing banned members is not necessarily prohibited. Current users posting messages from, links from or using their account as a vis a vis sounding board for a banned member is not allowed, as that in essence is using a user account as a intermediary for a banned member to still post. Such posts may be edited or deleted.

The PM did not show in the sent folder.
    I have posted a Merry Christmas message from Tak before. I don't believe that is disruptive. I do think it is empowering a banned member, but only because the Mods make it so. If the Mods did not make it an issue, then it would be none.

Also what is the voodoo that Tak invokes that makes his name such a taboo subject? Is RC's name going to be treated the the same way since he died while banned???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RS6405 View Post
    The PM did not show in the sent folder.
    I have posted a Merry Christmas message from Tak before. I don't believe that is disruptive. I do think it is empowering a banned member, but only because the Mods make it so. If the Mods did not make it an issue, then it would be none.

Also what is the voodoo that Tak invokes that makes his name such a taboo subject? Is RC's name going to be treated the the same way since he died while banned???
    If the PM is not in the sent folder, it was not sent. I suggest keeping messages short and not using punctuation

Messages etc from any banned member are not allowed, not just Tak in particular.