Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderation on moderation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Moderation on moderation

Quote Originally Posted by RS6405 View Post
    It appears that far too many threads are being closed/ locked.

I understand shutting down the threads that that have caused heated debates. However, a heated debate has not happen in months. I wonder if the recent moderation has caused a chilling effect that is de facto censorship?

Another thing that is explicit censorship is shutting down threads that make the mods uncomfortable, I.E. Otis's thread about Tak. Granted you may not like the topic, but the discussions on that thread and on others were civil.

Yes Garrett is a private company, but that private business is based on journalism and the military. Two notions that invoke freedom of speech: one that protects it and one that relies on it.

So I challenge the mods to avoid the censorship ..... De facto and explicit!
    :spy "That 'RS6405' sums it up!!"(I also wonder about their stance on NSA etc if they endorse it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I don't care if they share names. I would like to know who their alts are...we all know they are using other names when conversing on normal topics while having an alt (not allowed) mod account.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they (mods) were all the same person. It's a clever way of passing blame to somebody else other than the admin. If they really wanted to keep moderation and personal character out, they should have gone with generic mod handles such as Mod1, Mod2, etc. the names they chose are lame and defeat the real reason for moderation. Having a handle that translates into "crusher" is contradictive to moderator. :2cents

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CJSmith View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they (mods) were all the same person. It's a clever way of passing blame to somebody else other than the admin. If they really wanted to keep moderation and personal character out, they should have gone with generic mod handles such as Mod1, Mod2, etc. the names they chose are lame and defeat the real reason for moderation. Having a handle that translates into "crusher" is contradictive to moderator. :2cents
    Give that man a prize !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CJSmith View Post
    +1
    prior user-mod thread 50/50 split vote stated mods would not ban, but it appears they now can
    (and that's how a chicken crosses the road)

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I was discussing the issue of the moderators sharing their names with one of my brothers from the Creepers and Stalkers Lodge and he felt that you should share more than just your names.

We were in the process of compiling a list of personal information when a fine PYT walked in front of our tree and distracted us. I forgot all about it until now.

Seriously, the reason someone wants a real name in here is because they think it will make the moderator more plyable for manipulation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RobotChicken View Post
    (I also wonder about their stance on NSA etc if they endorse it)
    That would be a topic for a different thread.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    I don't care about moderators one way or another.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well let us see. We had some great discussion going on about military spouses. GONE. Had threads about off duty. GONE. Had a thread about breast cancer. Because someone got rude to a moderator, the thread I started was shut down. Moderators don't want a thread about women vets ( I complained, and got a huge amount of words that I would have sworn came from a political ???? because it really didn't say anything).
    And since the moderators came, the boards can't be more boring. Seems like everyone is gone. No more good debates.
    I don't know what to think.
    Honestly, does anyone know of another forum I can go to, instead? Military.com ( believe it or not), is more boring than this place. And that's sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

P.s. I should care about Norse mythology why? I'm Native American. I can tell myths too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    That would be a topic for a different thread.
    All prior NSA threads have been censored and moved. (Would place emoticon here, but have been warned for using them)