Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MCPON orders chief-season standdown amid 'unprofessional behavior' reports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: MCPON orders chief-season standdown amid 'unprofessional behavior' reports

Yes, it would appear so. However, once these incidents became public, he had to do something to show the issue was being taken seriously lest allegations of a cover-up arose, which in turn basically drives all the nails into the coffin.

Do I agree with everything he has done to deal with this? No. But then, I don't have access to all of the information he had in deciding how to deal with this debacle.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The publicity made it a debacle. I don't think it needed to be publicized as much, but rather simply handle it within the CPO Mess. He is not dealing within the mess but using the media. Whatever happened to closed door resolutions? Everybody doesn't need to be involved in CPO training, and certainly not the wardroom.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Here's my question... what about your Coast Guard brethren? I don't hear anything about their CPO initiation being done away with or drawing attention because of things going on that aren't kosher... and many Navy CPOs have been initiated through the Coast Guard.

...aren't their any "good practices" or "lessons learned" that the Navy has followed, or could follow, from the Coast Guard?
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Here's my question... what about your Coast Guard brethren? I don't hear anything about their CPO initiation being done away with or drawing attention because of things going on that aren't kosher... and many Navy CPOs have been initiated through the Coast Guard.

...aren't their any "good practices" or "lessons learned" that the Navy has followed, or could follow, from the Coast Guard?
    Very good question, and to be honest I am not versed in their traditions to talk about the differences between us or what they have experienced that we can learn from.