Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We don't want your stinkin kids..

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: We don't want your stinkin kids..

Well, I didn't think 3 restaurants qualifies as a "drive". That's not even a trend, its more like a blip. Anyway, I like it. Not every place can or should be child friendly. I don't mind eating next to quiet, well mannered children but there are a distressingly few amount of those due to poor parenting skills. Nothing ruins a meal like a child screaming their head off or running around.

One of these places bans them after 7 pm for kids 8 and under. At that age, they should be winding down for bed at that time anyway.

I'm not sure why parents think every place is appropriate for children. It's never been that way nor should it be. Next thing you know they'll be demanding bars to allow children and install a play area....
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let the market decide if this is good or bad. One of the links (ok, the one I looked at, money.msn) stated it was a restaurant named "The Sushi bar". That ain't Chuck e Cheese or even Chilis/Applebees.

As for the people who compared the policy to apartheid, they may want to pick up a clue sometime.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It is sad that restaurants are having to do this, but as stated if parenting was good then the child will be well mannered or the parents have enough common sense to realize that their child is not ready to go out to eat at a restaurant like this.
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I've rarely had bad dining experiences around kids. Babies is a different story. Seems my wife and I are always subjected to the screaming, screeching babies while trying to enjoy our meals.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    Well, I didn't think 3 restaurants qualifies as a "drive". That's not even a trend, its more like a blip. Anyway, I like it. Not every place can or should be child friendly. I don't mind eating next to quiet, well mannered children but there are a distressingly few amount of those due to poor parenting skills. Nothing ruins a meal like a child screaming their head off or running around.

One of these places bans them after 7 pm for kids 8 and under. At that age, they should be winding down for bed at that time anyway.

I'm not sure why parents think every place is appropriate for children. It's never been that way nor should it be. Next thing you know they'll be demanding bars to allow children and install a play area....
    You'd be surprised at the number of times in Gulfport, when we went out to Hooters for UFC sat night (till midnight) the number of parents who would be bringing in their 2-7 yr olds.. And up here in cbus (buffalo wild wings) its much of the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love children and I love to eat out. There is a time and place for both. A screaming screeching child at a restaurant is not the child's fault it's the parents and they should be asked to take the child out of that environment.

Always,
    Wildman
    The price of freedom is not free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

" Dining out with brats running amok is like 'Snakes on a Plane'; nowhere to go...."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can't always blame the parents for children and to try to is a cop-out. As a parent, my wife and I take our child out to restaurants with us and normally everything is fine, but once in a while, he will get fussy. We try our best to calm him down, but sometimes there is nothing you can do. Kind of like a baby on a plane. So do I have bad parenting skills because of that once in awhile situation?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WINTHORP1 View Post
    We try our best to calm him down, but sometimes there is nothing you can do. Kind of like a baby on a plane.
    Except unlike a plane, you can remove your disruptive baby from the establishment. Thanks in advance!