Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Favorite Local Restaurants by Bases You've Been Stationed At

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Favorite Local Restaurants by Bases You've Been Stationed At

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    @dan5522

Wasn't one of the owners of Three Brothers involved in that foiled terrorist plot at Fort Dix a few years back?
    That wasn't Three Brothers. It was Super Mario's across the street and right next to the Credit Union. It was the owner's son, if memory serves me. Super Mario's had some good food and did a busy lunch service with the base. It closed down soon after the Fort Dix 6 mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At Minot, it's not so much "favorite restaurants" as "restaurants that usually aren't horrible". I was stationed up there for 12 years, and I really can't pick one place that I would say was a "favorite". I remember driving 2 hours to Bismark just to eat Sbarro, if that gives you any indication of the local food.

At Andersen: Jamaican Grill was very good, but it tore me up something fierce. it was usually worth it, though. There was an Italian place in Tumon, Vitale's, that was very good.

Here at Tinker: Loved me some Van's Pig Stand. Sadly, my local Van's was literally blown away by the tornado...nothing but an empty concrete pad now. Sandro's Pizza is awesome. Falcone's Pizza was also good, but they closed their location across the street from the base. Pop's on Route 66 has exceptional breakfast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Port Dawg View Post
    What year did you go to that place? 1955? It's MUCH nicer now, VERY clean and not a dump at all.

(In response to the guy who said the place on the B50 and Bitburg in Spang was a dump...it's really nice now! And the waitresses are much hotter)
    I went there in either 07 or 08. Maybe I hit it on a bad day, but it was bad enough to keep me from going back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Langley: Andrea's Pizza, Tokyo Japanese steakhouse, Palm Tree (excellent Caribbean Food), County Grill, and when you're in a hurry Smitty's Better Burger is pretty great.

Tyndall: Pineapple Willy's, Kiku Sushi Bar & Grill (looks like crap, but the Sushi is incredible), and pretty much any seafood place.

Maxwell-Gunter: Green Papaya (Thai), Mings Garden (Chinese, damn expensive but it's the best Chinese I've ever had), Tomatinos Pizza.