Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cross Fit and Safety

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Re: Cross Fit and Safety

Quote Originally Posted by js7799 View Post
    Which is fine if I planned on continuing to do Crossfit, but I don't.
    What about smoking your PT test with no problem and being in good shape?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I score in the 90s and am in decent shape. I don't need a cult to help me pass my test.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Well ok then! I'm not sure how you got me defending cross fit anyway?

I started this thread complaining about them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know that I would call it a cult as some have, but just one of the latest fitness trends. I did some crossfit while I was at Kunsan. It was either that or fight for weights and equipment in the crowded gym. That was a couple of years ago, I haven't done it since but I still do some of the movements for core strength. Helps my jiu jitsu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 71Fish View Post
    I don't know that I would call it a cult as some have, but just one of the latest fitness trends. I did some crossfit while I was at Kunsan. It was either that or fight for weights and equipment in the crowded gym. That was a couple of years ago, I haven't done it since but I still do some of the movements for core strength. Helps my jiu jitsu.
    How are your bo staff skillz?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by js7799 View Post
    How are your bowstaff skillz?
    Second to none. Some of the local gangs wanted me to join just because of my bostaff skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    I wonder how long this cross-fit fad thingy will last.
    Crossfit is going to be around for a long time. Every year it is getting bigger and bigger, they have a crossfit games annually, something you do not get with insanity or P90X. Can you imagine a P90X games?? that would be amusing. Anyway, the Spec ops guys use crossfit and most swear by it. It is cheap to do at home and more USAF are opening up more Crossfit related areas on base. On Langley we have a crossfit related room with all the equipment needed. It is a great workout that is growing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFbiatch View Post
    Crossfit is going to be around for a long time. Every year it is getting bigger and bigger, they have a crossfit games annually, something you do not get with insanity or P90X. Can you imagine a P90X games?? that would be amusing. Anyway, the Spec ops guys use crossfit and most swear by it. It is cheap to do at home and more USAF are opening up more Crossfit related areas on base. On Langley we have a crossfit related room with all the equipment needed. It is a great workout that is growing.
    You mean, the Warrior Room in the ACC gym? It's a nice place for an activity that I personally believe won't last indefinitely. Sorry, just my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    You mean, the Warrior Room in the ACC gym? It's a nice place for an activity that I personally believe won't last indefinitely. Sorry, just my opinion.
    I believe it will last, only because the spent all that money to turn the swimming pool into a crossfit/alternative fitness room. Also we have a few coaches, qualified to teach crossfit, and the classes just keep getting bigger. Every week we have at least 1 new person in class. So long as we have people coming, there is no reason why ACC will close that room.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFbiatch View Post
    I believe it will last, only because the spent all that money to turn the swimming pool into a crossfit/alternative fitness room. Also we have a few coaches, qualified to teach crossfit, and the classes just keep getting bigger. Every week we have at least 1 new person in class. So long as we have people coming, there is no reason why ACC will close that room.
    Damn! You talked me into it! I don't want to sound like an old fuddy-duddy calling it a fad that won't last.

I'm jumping on the band wagon today and I might as well treat myself to some new work out gear.

Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a Flash Gordon Yellow and Electric Blue spandex body suit?