Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cross Fit and Safety

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Cross Fit and Safety

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Jealousy isn't a good scent on you.

Honestly I don't care.. I do my normal workouts and don't make a big deal or scene about it. All I would like is to come into the gym and use a machine without one person hogging 6 of them at once or freaking out if I happen to be using the one they wanted at the time. No yeah..no jealous, not in the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    It is actually a damn good work out even though I've been ragging on it. It just gets so damn disruptive and isn't very safe when done in large groups in a small space.

Civilian gyms are even worse when you add the aspect of guys and girls trying to impress each other.
    I have nothing against it, like I said before I have mixed some workouts into my routine because I like variety, and a lot of the guys/gals I fly with do it. But overall it's no fun when a lot of them are there, you constantly have to deal with "you're not doing it right" or them constantly getting annoyed with you using a certain spot or spots. I guess I can just get mad jacked in the regular gym or turn the ladies heads when I'm doing laps..j/k

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBaze View Post
    I have always said it this way, Crossfitters are the hipsters of the workout world. They are incredibly snarky, spend a lot on clothing that says Crossfit on it, and walk around in their 5 finger shoes, talking about Crossfit to anyone who will listen. To them, everyone who does not do Crossfit is inferior. That comment about them taking up an entire gym is perfectly correct. While last deployed there was this one SF female that would work out in neon headband, high socks and workout gear, and would set up at least 7 stations just for her, and if you got anywhere near them she would flip out. It got to the point where we would do it just to rile her up. Their douchebaggery is almost on the level of the bros that just pose by the mirrors for an hour, drinking their pre workout drinks. That being said, I have some good friends that do both and don't think that much less of them
    Saw that when we were deployed in Fallujah. That is one reason i usually stick to the elypiticals or run outside..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBaze View Post
    Honestly I don't care.. I do my normal workouts and don't make a big deal or scene about it. All I would like is to come into the gym and use a machine without one person hogging 6 of them at once or freaking out if I happen to be using the one they wanted at the time. No yeah..no jealous, not in the least.
    So you do care. You just aren't jealous. Besides I was joking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The part about Crossfit I find dangerous are the overzealous PTLs that are hardcore into it and expect everyone during PT to feel the same. Doing a Crossfit-style workout one day a week is asking for injury. We would get beat to death on a Wednesday doing burpees, lunges and squats, and not be able to walk without pain again until the following Monday.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by js7799 View Post
    The part about Crossfit I find dangerous are the overzealous PTLs that are hardcore into it and expect everyone during PT to feel the same. Doing a Crossfit-style workout one day a week is asking for injury. We would get beat to death on a Wednesday doing burpees, lunges and squats, and not be able to walk without pain again until the following Monday .
    You should be thanking that PTL for a good workout! That pain is a good thing, embrace it, just don't start walking around the gym like a peacock wearing flashy Under Armor and fingerless gloves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    You should be thanking that PTL for a good workout! That pain is a good thing, embrace it, just don't start walking around the gym like a peacock wearing flashy Under Armor and fingerless gloves.
    Which is fine if I planned on continuing to do Crossfit, but I don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by js7799 View Post
    The part about Crossfit I find dangerous are the overzealous PTLs that are hardcore into it and expect everyone during PT to feel the same. Doing a Crossfit-style workout one day a week is asking for injury. We would get beat to death on a Wednesday doing burpees, lunges and squats, and not be able to walk without pain again until the following Monday.
    I 100% agree with you. Not everybody is at the same level of fitness. I was a PTL, we just did some push-ups, sit-ups, jumping jacks, flutter kicks, leg extensions, and squats. Not many reps and if you couldn't hang I didn't give you crap. At the end of the exercises, I cut folks lose to do cardio on their own. Our CC like how we ran it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    So you do care. You just aren't jealous. Besides I was joking.

Great joke, the only thing I care about is going in and doing my workout without being bothered or harassed by people that think they own the gym..oh yeah I also love turning the desert queens' heads at the chow hall with my big guns as I walk by with my tray of eggs 'n bacon, oh yeahhh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You all make a great case for why I avoid PT in general.
    Advice from JD2780:

"don't post angry"