Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cross Fit and Safety

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Re: Cross Fit and Safety

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Nope. Parkor is also called freerunning. Its what you see lots of guys getting into these days, and is big in the American Ninja competition!
    Yeah, I was just screwing with you about that Body Fuzion video.

Parkour does sound interesting and that type of obstacle course training probably gives you some very useful skills should you ever have to scale a wall or pull yourself up from dangling off a bridge.

I'm more concerned with that kind of physical fitness anyway. The kind that might save your life if you are ever dropped into a glacial crevice, well that and looking good naked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Personally i would like to see mil gyms start offering parcour training/work out areas..
    That would be different.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

And i have seen many 'fat bodies' who are weight lifters/players of most of the sports.. But i have not yet seen a single 'fat body' parkour / freerunner. So if the mil IS hyping up the fitness mantra, this imo is a good way to help out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nellis has a crossfit/kettle bell area. It's pretty awesome. Those work outs can be great, but whoever said. That can be dangerous is correct. Done in the appropriate areas they can truly male somebody better. However, like everything else, the AF will ruin it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I almost hit a CrossFitter while riding my bicycle last year at Osan. The CrossFitters have different class periods and one of their periods was during our squadron morning PT. I'm riding normally towards the gym down from that road that runs between the BX and Bldg. 949. As I'm coming into the gym parking lot, a CrossFitter comes sprinting from that little alley carrying two kettle bells. I had to lock-up and almost ate the road in order to avoid hitting him.

And this asshole has the nerve to turn around while still running and yell, "You better watch it!".

A revenge of sorts was had many months later when a group of evening CrossFitters had taken over half of the weight room benches and all of the power racks/squat racks in order to do some screwy circuit exercises. Mind you, Osan has its own dedicated CrossFit room AND the exercises they were doing made absolutely zero use of what the bench press benches and racks are designed for. After a few of us had asked them to stop and got no where, we did the next best thing.

We tattled on them to the gym staff.

They gave the little hottie A1C who was working the front desk a bunch of lip and then just ignored her. When she left and came back with a black MSgt who looked like he could bench press everyone in that room at the same time, they quietly packed their shit and went back to their CrossFit room.

I like CrossFit. I do not like CrossFitters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    I almost hit a CrossFitter while riding my bicycle last year at Osan. The CrossFitters have different class periods and one of their periods was during our squadron morning PT. I'm riding normally towards the gym down from that road that runs between the BX and Bldg. 949. As I'm coming into the gym parking lot, a CrossFitter comes sprinting from that little alley carrying two kettle bells. I had to lock-up and almost ate the road in order to avoid hitting him.

And this asshole has the nerve to turn around while still running and yell, "You better watch it!".

A revenge of sorts was had many months later when a group of evening CrossFitters had taken over half of the weight room benches and all of the power racks/squat racks in order to do some screwy circuit exercises. Mind you, Osan has its own dedicated CrossFit room AND the exercises they were doing made absolutely zero use of what the bench press benches and racks are designed for. After a few of us had asked them to stop and got no where, we did the next best thing.

We tattled on them to the gym staff.

They gave the little hottie A1C who was working the front desk a bunch of lip and then just ignored her. When she left and came back with a black MSgt who looked like he could bench press everyone in that room at the same time, they quietly packed their shit and went back to their CrossFit room.

I like CrossFit. I do not like CrossFitters.
    I love it.

"Crossfit? I play real sports. I'm not trying to be the best at working!!!" Eastbound and down.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    I love it.

"Crossfit? I play real sports. I'm not trying to be the best at working!!!" Eastbound and down.
    What is Eastbound and Down? Is it that sport where one tries to smuggle cases of Coors beer from Texarkana to Atlanta whilst being pursued by State Troopers and one very tenacious but comical County Mountie?

The concept sounds intriguing but I don't know if I could handle all that constant jabbering on the CB radio.

It certainly sounds like a whacky romp through Southern culture but that type of workout isn't for me.

PS

Those sequel workouts that involve smuggling elephants with Dom Deluise and the multiple Jackie Gleasons are just tremendously dumb!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    I love it.

"Crossfit? I play real sports. I'm not trying to be the best at exercising!!!" Eastbound and down.
    Fixed it for you. And by the way, "You're fucking out!"

:usa'Merica:usa
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jshiver15 View Post

Damn. Thanks for the pick up.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jshiver15 View Post

Is eastbound and down softball lingo? I'm asking a serious question this time!